Windows 10: Lose Internet Connections Daily

Discus and support Lose Internet Connections Daily in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Dell computer with Windows 10 and almost daily I lose internet connections. My provider is Spectrum. The modem and router are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatzillaDahun, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Lose Internet Connections Daily

I just purchased a new Dell computer with Windows 10 and almost daily I lose internet connections. My provider is Spectrum. The modem and router are always on and my WiFi works when this happens, so I assume that it must be a Windows 10 issue (never had this with Windows 7). The troubleshooter tells me to reboot the modem, but after doing that several times and rebooting the computer, I figured out that there was no need to do that. The only fix is to reboot the computer and lose all of my info that I had open. Why is Windows10 doing this?

:)

PatzillaDahun, Aug 22, 2019

2. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Lose Internet Connections Daily

Losing internet connection

Hi,

To resolve losing internet
    connectivity after computer goes to sleep, follow the steps below:

• Press
      Windows key
      +
      R,type
      devmgmt.msc
      in the
      Run
      dialog box to open
      Device Manager.

• In the
      Device Manager
      window, expand
      Network Adapters
      and look for your
      WiFi
      driver, do a right-click over it and then select
      Properties.

• In the property sheet, switch to
      Power Management
      tab and uncheck the option
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK.
      Close the Device Manager and restart the computer.

On the other hand, a
    Network name
    refers to the name of the wireless network that you are connecting to, while a
    security key
    is the encryption or the wireless password that you need to enter on your device to connect to your wireless network.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Lose Internet Connections Daily

1. Lose Internet Connections Daily - Similar Threads - Lose Internet Connections

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. losing internet connection everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection everyday: I keep losing my internet connection even im connected properly in my cable. I got a small room only but I keep losing internet. I have 100 MBPS subscription but it is loading too slow and disconnect. It happens everytime I play game while doing youtube. Please....
  5. losing internet connection everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    losing internet connection everyday: I keep losing my internet connection even im connected properly in my cable. I got a small room only but I keep losing internet. I have 100 MBPS subscription but it is loading too slow and disconnect. It happens everytime I play game while doing youtube. Please....
  6. losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing internet connection: I have rogers ignite 150bps internet and have the pod signal boosters. Booster is 10 ft away from my Asus laptop. Running windows 10. Problem existed before upgrading my rogers service Periodically, laptop shows no wireless connection. I first make sure WLAN is on. When I...
  7. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  8. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  9. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  10. Losing internet connection intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently: For the past month or so, I've been losing my internet connection intermittently. This happens somewhat sporadically, but when it does the connection is interrupted for about 30 -45 seconds and then resumes, usually without my having to resort to Windows 10 troubleshooting....