Windows 10: Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps

Discus and support Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. When my Surface / Windows 10 sleeps it loses network connection. I've looked in the power settings but I don't have the "Networking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PeterMoss99, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps

Hi.

When my Surface / Windows 10 sleeps it loses network connection.

I've looked in the power settings but I don't have the "Networking connectivity in standby" option in my advanced power settings. I've tried running the cmd "powercfg -attributes F15576E8-98B7-4186-B944-EAFA664402D9 -ATTRIB_HIDE" but that doesn't fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Be safe, Peter

:)

PeterMoss99, Sep 19, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Network Card (NIC) losing connection when PC sleeps

Andrew,

Thank you for your response, but it seems this cannot always be the case. The Windows 10 desktops I had before the new machines did not lose network connectivity when going to sleep. Also, where I work, the Windows 10 desktops do not lose network connectivity
    when sleeping. That would be absolutely maddening. I guess if I cannot find an answer for this, I will set my PCs to never go to sleep. Thank you kindly for the link and explanation. Continuing the search...

Tom

ThomasBottoms, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps

Lose Internet Connection after PC Sleeps

Hi Barbara,

To assist you with the issue, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1. Checking network connection.

• Let your computer sleep and wake it up.
    • Once you see that there is no connection, right click on the Network connection.
    • Choose Troubleshoot problems.
    Get the details of the error and capture the message that will prompt on your screen. It will automatically fix and reset your TCP/IP configuration

Step 2. Running SCF scan.

• Press Win+X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command prompt (admin).
    • Type the command sfc /scannow.
    Get the details of the scan.

Are you having issue accessing the internet on other devices?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps

1. Lose Network Connection When Surface / Windows 10 Sleeps - Similar Threads - Lose Network Connection

2. Computers lose network connection when locked/signed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers lose network connection when locked/signed out: We have 3 computers that always lose their network connection while on the screen saver. When i wiggle the mouse, the display lights up and I click the mouse to show the login screen. On the bottom right of the login screen, I see the 'globe' and when I hover the mouse over...
  3. Computers lose network connection when locked/signed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computers lose network connection when locked/signed out: We have 3 computers that always lose their network connection while on the screen saver. When i wiggle the mouse, the display lights up and I click the mouse to show the login screen. On the bottom right of the login screen, I see the 'globe' and when I hover the mouse over...
  4. Computers lose network connection when locked/signed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Losing Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing Network Connectivity: Hello everyone, I started having issues with my network connection last week. My PC is currently fully updated as well. After a certain time of being logged into my PC, I lose internet connectivity, everything that is currently working whether in a program or a browser still...
  6. Lose Network access when Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lose Network access when Windows 10 updates: Everytime I get a Windows 10 update I lose access to other PCs on the network. The PC with the issue is connected by Ethernet while the other laptops are WiFi. Sometimes I can get it back by doing a network reset and turning the WiFi off and on. How can I stop this from...
  7. Network Card NIC losing connection when PC sleeps

Network Card NIC losing connection when PC sleeps: Forgive me for the long post, but I wanted to give all the information I could up front. I am encountering a very frustrating problem for which I have yet to find an answer despite HOURS of research on forum after forum. The answers are always the same, and they have not...
  8. My Windows 10 loses connection to network

My Windows 10 loses connection to network: When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe 124630
  9. My Windows 10 loses connection to network

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 loses connection to network: When I take my Windows 10 laptop off of my home network and then reconnect it later, it loses connection to my network. If I attempt to connect to the other computer on my network, I get: "Windows cannot access \\JOE-LAPTOP". Please advise. Thank you, Joe 124630
  10. Lose connection when sleep

Lose connection when sleep: Hey, same problem here, but with lan connection. Allow to Sleep in device manager is Unticked. What else I can do? What about those settings? [img] I've checked powercfg and Intel Ethernet Device is there wake programmable. Hope this info help to you..I'm not...