Windows 10: Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

Discus and support Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here’s a head scratcher for y’all! LONG issue short; I have a pair of speakers hooked up to my Dell \ W10 laptop headphone jack. Now I don’t recall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

Here’s a head scratcher for y’all! LONG issue short; I have a pair of speakers hooked up to my Dell \ W10 laptop headphone jack. Now I don’t recall this being an issue before but; every time I unplug them and plug them back in, I no longer have access to the speakers.

The laptop speakers still work, but I have to reset the computer to get the headphone jack \ drivers to work. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling the drivers, everything in system config that should be active is, etc. When I first login and I click on the audio speaker, I can easily switch between the laptop speakers and headphones \ speakers, yet like I said as soon as I disconnect I no longer have the option… And I do believe at one point I did, and or didn’t even need to select, as the PC would just know the headphone jack was being used again and I’d hear from my speakers just fine.

Any help would be great, and of course thank you for the assistance!

submitted by /u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Not_Apathetic_Virgin, Jan 23, 2021

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Headphone jack not working

Hi Kurtis,

For us to narrow down your concern with your headphone jack, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried a different headphone? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Blackink Win User

Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

Headphone jack goes in hard..

I feel kinda silly asking this question but I don't really know where I would ask it other than in this forum.

I have a pair of OneOdio headphones that I like wearing and listening to music while I'm browsing the Internet.
    The jack end (3.5mm plug?) that goes into the headphone jack of my speakers goes into that tiny hole kind of hard I think. It seems that I have to give it a pretty good push to get it to go in all of the way. And it's not a smooth push either!
    There is nothing on the jack end of the headphones nor is there anything in the hole of my Logitech speakers that the headphones plug into.
    I get the same results when I plug the headphones into my police scanner's headphone jack-it goes in kind of hard.

So.......I was wondering if there was something I could apply to the 3.5mm plug on my headphones that would "lube up" that plug and make it go into those holes easier?

Does anyone have a suggestion that would work but not cause the 3.5mm plug to get "gunked up" after awhile or gunk up the headphone jack hole in my speakers or police scanner?

The only thing I have here that I use to lube up o-rings is clear silicone grease but I'm not sure if that would work or not.

Thanks,
    Steve in Central Vermont

Blackink, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

1. Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect... - Similar Threads - Losing access headphone

2. Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack: Dell vostro 5410 windows 11 home laptop in headphone not detect please tell me how to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/2f8ee37e-8f15-4540-8605-f0e3fe1f5f91
  3. Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack: Hi their, so basically i somehow changed my headphone jack on the front of my pc to be like a normal audio jack like on the back of it and now i don't know how to change it back to a headphone jack....
  4. Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack: Hi their, so basically i somehow changed my headphone jack on the front of my pc to be like a normal audio jack like on the back of it and now i don't know how to change it back to a headphone jack....
  5. headphone jack

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphone jack: My headphone jack is not working it is showing as not plugged where actually it is plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/e9ae729a-1ffe-4c5e-be1c-ee0f9aa078ab
  6. Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.: Hi, I decided to connect my gaming headset to my laptop through the headphone jack, but when I went to use the app Discord it didn't use my headsets mic, so after this I went to check if my headset was even working. I opened the sound control panel and it said the headset was...
  7. headphone jack

headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  8. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: my headphone jack is broke and not letting me use the speakers on my laptop. how do I disable the headphone jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/20d58e9e-3c71-4c54-b87d-a8295979afb8
  10. Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack: My laptop won't detect my earphones anymore, yesterday I received Intel Sound Driver update which after installing caused problems with my laptop sound as it displayed a message "No Audio Output Device installed", I solved the issue by reinstalling the default Sound Driver...