Windows 10: Losing all password data on my browsers

Discus and support Losing all password data on my browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had some issues with random resets that have already been fixed in the end part of it was a hardware issue of a bad contact, but now, with everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UnaDudaTengo, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Losing all password data on my browsers

I had some issues with random resets that have already been fixed in the end part of it was a hardware issue of a bad contact, but now, with everything fixed, I sometimes get an error about issues with my Microsoft account due to loss of password as well as the total loss of all of my saved passwords in every browser I thought it may have been a specific one, but it seems that's not the case. When restarting the computer, part of the passwords come back always the same part, but some have been lost forever. Apart from the ones lost forever and the ones I have to enter again and again, it also has the effect of terminating my saved sessions in almost all sites I had them there's only one single site, discord, that seems to retain the session data.

I have tried the usual dism & sfc combo to see if there's something bad with the main functions, but it always return that everything's OK, and the only weird thing I find in the event log is a ESENT 642 warning on Catalog Database.

:)

UnaDudaTengo, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Losing all password data on my browsers

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Losing all password data on my browsers

1. Losing all password data on my browsers - Similar Threads - Losing password data

2. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  3. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  4. losing my data

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    losing my data: I had a account in my laptop but I signed out and the same account signed me in. After signing in a message pops up saying we couldn't sign in to your account and my data in that account has also vanished...
  5. I lost all my passwords on all my browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost all my passwords on all my browsers: I lost all my passwords on all my browsers with the last Windows update. Every time I try to get support, I am directed to the spot to "save" passwords. They are still there allowing them to be saved. Each time I sign on to a site, I am asked if I want to save. I always say...
  6. clean install without losing all data on all drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install without losing all data on all drives?: hey. i wonder if i can do a clean win 10 install without losing all data on all drives?i have about 3-4 TB of data and i dont really want to redownload all of it. thanks....
  7. window update erased all of my passwords in browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    window update erased all of my passwords in browsers: any solution to get my passwords back? I'm the only person who knows how to use PC in a 9-people family so I saved a lot of passwords which I can't remember for everyone. please help. thanks in advance submitted by /u/duyduongnguyen2610 [link] [comments]...
  8. Losing all saved passwords.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Losing all saved passwords.: Losing all saved passwords. after powering down of computer, is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/losing-all-saved-passwords/4b83390f-7399-42ff-8061-6caee39e2139
  9. How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data: To make my subject more clear I have windows 10 not activated, however I still have around 300 gbs of files and games on my PC. All I want is be able to activate it and not loss all my data and files....
  10. losing data on usb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    losing data on usb: Questions Hello I am experiencing intermittent loss of word files on my USB I presume it is virus related. What symptoms do my computers have? They are a succession of laptops they were loaded with XP but had probs so I installed windows 7… I bought the copy...