Windows 10: Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

Discus and support Losing audio playback when monitor turns off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to figure out my audio pauses when my monitor turns off. I recently built a new PC and I didn't have this problem before, the only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Distinct_Fix, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

I can't seem to figure out my audio pauses when my monitor turns off. I recently built a new PC and I didn't have this problem before, the only thing that changed was my hardware. I have a DisplayPort connected to my GPU and monitor and I have self-powered speakers connected to the audio jack on the back of my monitor.

submitted by /u/Distinct_Fix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Distinct_Fix, Feb 4, 2021

2. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 4, 2021
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

Audio playback

Hi,

There are some reasons why this issue occurs, such as outdated driver or loose cable connection. For help fixing your concern, we recommend running audio troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some issues with audio.

Steps on how to run audio troubleshooter:

• First, click the Start, type Troubleshoot.
    • Then, select Troubleshoot from the list of results.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Lastly, Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to check this
    link
    on how to Fix sound problems.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Losing audio playback when monitor turns off

1. Losing audio playback when monitor turns off - Similar Threads - Losing audio playback

2. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  3. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitors are turning off when gaming: everytime i play something it cause my monitors to turn off after some time and i dont know whyI`ve already changed my PSU and cpu cooler to a water cooling system and the problem still existI was also testing my temps and my cpu has 84* max when gpu is 80*so im really...
  4. monitors are turning off when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio Turning Off when in a call

Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  6. Audio Turning Off when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Turning Off when in a call: My audio turns off everytime I go into a call. To be clear, I can hear the people I'm talking to but I cannot play anything when the call is happening. I tried this everywhere, I tried calling in facebook, discord, even in games. All my audio goes out instantly. I tried...
  7. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  8. Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off

Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off: Hello this is odd, My Monitor looses its signal when the speakers are turned off the speakers are plugged into a mains wall socket and when turn them off, at the socket, the monitor goes blank, if I remove and reconnect the monitor power, all is ok again. wonder how why this...
  9. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  10. Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off

Problem with audio output: disconnection when monitor turns off: Hello everybody! Sorry for any error but I am from Italy. I have a problem with Windows 10 installed on my Macbook Pro Retina 13". When I am in battery mode and monitor turns off for the energy saving (whatever interval time I choose), if I have not any app using the...