Windows 10: Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair?

Discus and support Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The connection from my Brother printer ic lost. How do I repair the connection to enable me to print documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredericRodgers, May 10, 2019.

1. Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair?

The connection from my Brother printer ic lost. How do I repair the connection to enable me to print documents

:)

FredericRodgers, May 10, 2019
  2. weamish Win User

Brother printers - wireless connection

Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, May 10, 2019
  3. weamish Win User
    Brother printers - wireless connection

I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the worst part - there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this, except to wait. Eventually they'll start working normally again, and I have no idea why. Could be a few hours or maybe a few days, but then all of a sudden they're back. Until the next outage. Even a complete reinstall doesn't always work (and is obviously a pain to go thru each time). Any suggestions? Thanks!

weamish, May 10, 2019
  4. Photoman Win User

Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair?

Brother printer must be re-connected to computer each time W10 starts

Hello All

I have recently upgraded my computer to an Acer Aspire H30 (i5). My old Brother laser printer (HL 5140) worked fine via W10 and W7 on a previous computer. Now, it only works if I unplug and re-connect the USB connector or the power supply, each time the computer re-starts.

On start up, the printer shows as off-line and if put it online (Devices and printers > right click > see what's printing > uncheck Use Printer offline) I get an error message (Printer is in an error state, or "Printer could print), until I disconnect the USB or the power cord and re-connect it. It will then work fine until I shut down the computer.

I have it connected by USB to a port at the rear of the Acer. In Printer properties it shows as being connected to port USB001 Virtual Printer Port. I'm using the most recent update of Windows 10.

I have checked the drivers: there are none available for download from Brother - not required apparently - and the installed driver is showing as "up to date".

I have spent the last week trying various "solutions" found online, but so far nothing works.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Stephen

Photoman, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair?

1. Losing connection from Brother printer and computer. How do I repair? - Similar Threads - Losing connection Brother

2. how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?: how do i get my computer to connect to my hp3520 printer when the printer is already turned on? my computer tells me the printer isnt available when i already have it designated as my default printer....
  3. how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?: how do i get my computer to connect to my hp3520 printer when the printer is already turned on? my computer tells me the printer isnt available when i already have it designated as my default printer....
  4. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  5. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  6. how do i connect to a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i connect to a printer: I have an HP All in one Gamer computer . it started as windows 10 and recently upgraded to windows 11. Under Windows 10 i could connect to my older Canon MG3122 printer. Now i need that printer and this AIO won't even find it.The Printer is on, in print mode and has Wifi...
  7. Brother printer not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer not connecting: I cannot get my printer up and running. I removed the update KB4560960 per instructions on the Brother website for my printer MFC-845CW. I restarted my computer, restarted my printer, ran the Microsoft Troubleshooter, no problem detected. No communication between my PC and...
  8. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi: I'm setting up a new printer & can't figure out how to set it to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-l2300d-brother-printer-to-wifi/c44b3add-5dc3-45b0-88e9-9580216c86a3
  9. how do i scan from printer to computer

how do i scan from printer to computer: it wont allow me to scan without giving me error message "try starting scan from computer" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-printer-to-computer/b4eb56f7-6c76-47a4-a6de-fa0917b32d2f
  10. Brother printers - wireless connection

Brother printers - wireless connection: I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the...