Windows 10: Losing connection multiple times a day

Discus and support Losing connection multiple times a day in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, so this issue has suddenly started happening, and it appears ot be only my PC affects, both my mobile and other systems in the house don't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baeldeth, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Baeldeth Win User

Losing connection multiple times a day

Hey, so this issue has suddenly started happening, and it appears ot be only my PC affects, both my mobile and other systems in the house don't have a problem. It seems to be random, but suddenly my connection for web browsing drops, usually my connection to things like discord, steam and gdrive remain active.

I've tried the usual flushdns, IP release and netsh CMD commands, but none of these fix the issue. I've tried using google DNS and auto obtained DNS, and I cant seem to sole the issue.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

:)

Baeldeth, Dec 14, 2016
  2. Massi8 Win User

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_Error multiple times a day

Gerry, thank you for your help.

Here is the link with the files requested:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjFeXjP7qXyyhTPEGRga6feQE3OQ

Unfortunately the System Information output is in Italian (I changed the system language to English but msinfo32 doesn't seem to change). It shouldn't be too difficult to understand anyway, as the majority of terms are still in English.

Let me know if you need more.

Thanks,

Max

Massi8, Dec 14, 2016
  3. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_Error multiple times a day

Please upload no more than three copies
    of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type File Explorer Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and
    "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information
    is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Is this wireless or network cable and who is the isp?

Samuria, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Baeldeth Win User
    I am using a wired connection to the router, which is the default Super Hub I think, the ISP is Virgin Media. I probably should have mentioned that.

Baeldeth, Dec 14, 2016
  6. Samuria Win User
    Does the router port still show your connected when it drops. Set your dns to 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 When it drops again open a cmd prompt type
    tracert 194.119.131.66

post results it sounds as if it can be a browser error not network if stem stays connected

Samuria, Dec 14, 2016
  7. play2mefish, Dec 14, 2016
  8. Baeldeth Win User

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply.

I've got windows 10 updated and I am still getting the problem, I'm afraid. Also, the tracert results can be found below:

Losing connection multiple times a day [​IMG]

Thanks again.

Baeldeth, Dec 16, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    You might want to read my thread. I've had frequent disconnections since May and have finally narrowed it down to the wall electrical socket. An electrician is coming out to check it.

It may not be related to your problem but worth a read perhaps.

swarfega, Dec 16, 2016
  10. Samuria Win User
    The trace shows you get out of and the drop is on virgin network it clears your network OK and drops at the same point on virgin it tends to suggest it's their fault you could try tracert to other sites see if it drops at the same point

Samuria, Dec 16, 2016
  11. Baeldeth Win User
    Hey guys, sorry its been a while, had to head back home for Christmas. I am still suffering from the same issues as before, and I still have not found the cause.

I do not think it's Virgin or the power outlets, because like i said before, it does not affect other devices connected to the same router; both my phone and the other computers on the network suffer from no issues at all.

Baeldeth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Losing connection multiple times a day - Similar Threads - Losing connection multiple

2. This Pops up multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pops up multiple times a day.: I can't get this pop up to stop opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pops-up-multiple-times-a-day/49a3f7fb-5852-45e4-8512-0c6eccb93e84
  3. This Pops up multiple times a day.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This Pops up multiple times a day.: I can't get this pop up to stop opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pops-up-multiple-times-a-day/49a3f7fb-5852-45e4-8512-0c6eccb93e84
  4. PC crashing multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing multiple times a day: Hello all,recently I've been having issues with my pc crashing. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes just black screen. I was on windows 11 when it started, but have since done a fresh install of win 10.What I've tried so far;- Updated GPU Drivers- Downgraded GPU Drivers- Clean Install...
  5. PC crashing multiple times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing multiple times a day: Hello all,recently I've been having issues with my pc crashing. Sometimes BSOD, sometimes just black screen. I was on windows 11 when it started, but have since done a fresh install of win 10.What I've tried so far;- Updated GPU Drivers- Downgraded GPU Drivers- Clean Install...
  6. BSOD Multiple Times a Day

BSOD Multiple Times a Day: Hi folks, this issue has been plaguing me for several weeks and has gotten worse over the past few days. I first noticed that occasionally maybe about once every couple of months I would get a BSOD with code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. At the time it wasn't happening...
  7. BSOD multiple times a day,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD multiple times a day,: I've been getting BSODs for a long time, about 1-3 times a day. I ran the Driver Verifier. It would crash before reaching the desktop although I did resolve that. Driver that showed in the crash is Hpdskflt.sys. I added the Minidumps, Memory Dumps and System Logs onto...
  8. PC Crashing multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Crashing multiple times a day: Windows Version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.720) My PC has been experiencing crashes for the last few months which I have been trying to troubleshoot but have been hitting dead ends and can't think where else to find information to troubleshoot what the issue is. I will be using...
  9. BSOD multiple times a day

BSOD multiple times a day: We came back from Christmas break and many of our windows 10 deployments are blue screening every few minutes/hours. We have analyzed the dumps and can isolate it to ntoskrnl.exe+16c4c0 causing all of the dumps. It appears to be a windows update got awry but we can't seem...
  10. BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.: Hello, im getting BSOD every day for a long period of time. im getting tired of all this can someone please help me, thanks, Baran 76267