Windows 10: losing control over remote controlled PC

Discus and support losing control over remote controlled PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; sometimes i lose mouse & keyboard control over remote controlled PC (Windows 10 home edition, my home PC). most of the time remote control works fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Remilion, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Remilion Win User

losing control over remote controlled PC

sometimes i lose mouse & keyboard control over remote controlled PC (Windows 10 home edition, my home PC).

most of the time remote control works fine, but if i open certain applications on the remote controlled PC (e.g. windows task manager, system settings, some 3rd party apps...), i suddenly lose control.

my work computer at my office is using different operating system so i do not use windows remote control function, but 3rd party applications. i tried plenty of apps but seems they all using same protocol or something so none of those solve the issue, I've tried turn off windows defender / config firewall inbound rules / mess with ports on my home PC and then turned off every security feature i can possibly look for on my office computer completely but none of these fixes it.

I even went net coffee where all PCs running on Windows 10 pro edition, had a tech staff with me and we didn't solve this either.
    would like to know if this issue already been addressed or did it only happened on me, and how do i do / where should I look to get rid of this issue.

:)

Remilion, Apr 29, 2019

2. Remote PC control

If you want to remote control your PC the best and easiest tools to do it are RADMIN and Remote Anywhere.

HellasVagabond, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    Remote PC control

Why buy 3rd party app, when it's built into Windows?*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 29, 2019
  4. JC316 Win User

Remote Control

Remotes are a touchy thing. They all use different codes to control different things. Unless it has a specific code for a PC's remote adapter, you may be screwed. Maybe the device that you are trying to control has the code that you can input to a universal remote? Otherwise, you probably won't ever find the right IR code.

JC316, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. losing control over remote controlled PC - Similar Threads - losing control remote

2. Remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  3. Remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote control: Hello guys,I would like to know how can i connect remote and i would also take advantage of what windows do i have and what programs do you recomment. Thank you very muchI also would like to know what is betterApple.comGoodle.comMicrosoftWord.Thank you very much and looking...
  4. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  5. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  6. hacked and remote controlled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked and remote controlled?: i just came to my notebook and i think that the mousepointer did move somehow.. i also then remebered that sometimes when i turn my pc off it suddenly starts some time after and shuts down again then. what also was very wierd that 3 weeks ago the built in camera wouldnt work...
  7. Remote connection with controller help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote connection with controller help: Is there a way to connect a DualShock 4 ps4 controller to my iPad Air, and then use it to control my PC when I remotely connect to it? submitted by /u/nckgrock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjxgjb/remote_connection_with_controller_help/
  8. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...
  9. Edge loses control and will not close

in Browsers and Email
    Edge loses control and will not close: Frequently (more often than not) when I click on the "X" to close Edge it will not do anything. I have to Right click on the Edge icon on the task bar to close it. I didn't notice this in early Preview versions but it has become more pronounced with the 1511 version. 32047
  10. Remote Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Control: My daughter lives some miles from me and is even less computer savvy than myself. It would be handy if I could sometimes have remote control of her laptop to assist her, in the manner that assistance has been given to me in the past by Microsoft. Her laptop O/S is Windows 10...