Windows 10: Losing data after restart

Discus and support Losing data after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, It happened many times already but I guess it is time for me to write it to you. I have never written anything here and I think this time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrzej Jaworski, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Losing data after restart

Hello,

It happened many times already but I guess it is time for me to write it to you. I have never written anything here and I think this time. I lost important data after some restart that happened on the laptop during night. I can't get it back - it was excel file. I was working on that file for days - apparently widnows does not think, that it is a good idea to save it somewhere...

I have to say it. You guys are the biggest morons I have experienced in my life so far. I think it is because the generation is changing and more young people get to be on important positions in that company. How you can let something like that happen? Its 2019 for god sake!.

Situation:

I work on excel daily and I saved the file just in the begining.

I keep turning laptop to sleep every day.

Auto-Save of that file was turned off.

I open next day laptop and everything is gone. THERE IS NO TRACE OF WHAT I WAS WORKING ON - I don't even know how many other tabs I had open, anything. **** SERIOUSLY?!?!??!?!

:)

Andrzej Jaworski, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 14, 2019
  4. libirm Win User

Losing data after restart

INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives

Kbird-
    Thanks for the help- I will adjust as per your suggestions
    Here is my system- not a store bought but custom build.

Losing data after restart [​IMG]

libirm, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Losing data after restart

1. Losing data after restart - Similar Threads - Losing data restart

2. Xbox app wont download after losing data on driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox app wont download after losing data on driver: one of my drivers got fried, and wiped everything. i believe i had the xbox app installed on there, so thats gone. i recently tried opening it and its still there when i search it through windows, but it doesnt open. i tried downloading it on microsoft store, and it gives me...
  3. Xbox app wont download after losing data on driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app wont download after losing data on driver: one of my drivers got fried, and wiped everything. i believe i had the xbox app installed on there, so thats gone. i recently tried opening it and its still there when i search it through windows, but it doesnt open. i tried downloading it on microsoft store, and it gives me...
  4. Xbox app wont download after losing data on driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting: I’ve run into an issue where my monitor randomly lost signal, but the power button stopped working unless I held it to force shut down. Upon turning it back on, for some reason the screen quality dropped immensely. I tried restarting with the monitor unplugged, then plugging...
  6. Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting: I’ve run into an issue where my monitor randomly lost signal, but the power button stopped working unless I held it to force shut down. Upon turning it back on, for some reason the screen quality dropped immensely. I tried restarting with the monitor unplugged, then plugging...
  7. losing my data

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    losing my data: I had a account in my laptop but I signed out and the same account signed me in. After signing in a message pops up saying we couldn't sign in to your account and my data in that account has also vanished...
  8. losing data on usb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    losing data on usb: Questions Hello I am experiencing intermittent loss of word files on my USB I presume it is virus related. What symptoms do my computers have? They are a succession of laptops they were loaded with XP but had probs so I installed windows 7… I bought the copy...
  9. Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows tablet - No mobile data after restart: Hello all, I have this Lenovo 2-in1 tablet (Lenovo MIIX 320-10ICR) that I've been using for the last 8 months and all of sudden started acting weird. The tablet has a data only SIM card installed and until last week all was normal. Suddenly one day, after a restart, the sim...
  10. Fix Data Loss after Choosing Reset Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Data Loss after Choosing Reset Windows 10 without losing data: Fix this Microsoft.... I was fixing our family laptop and I went to safe mode and reset it by choosing the No Data Loss Option... After a few minutes, It went back to work again... But When I went to The File Explorer all my Files Are GONE as in G.O.N.E KABLAMOO Plss fix...