Windows 10: losing disk space?

Discus and support losing disk space? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AngieSinnwell, Dec 16, 2021.

1. losing disk space?

Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving like before when it comes to disk space. I still have plenty of it, but this is a concerning issue for me. I think it might be the fact that I used a painting program and writing program very recently and the temp files from those haven't disappeared yet, but usually when I shut down my laptop for the night the used disk space will be cleared in the morning. Like, say before I shut it down it'll read 416 GB free. when I restart it in the morning

:)

AngieSinnwell, Dec 16, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Dec 16, 2021
  3. how to do partition in a disk without losing data

Hi Vinod,

Yes, you can create a partition in a disk without losing your data by using
    Disk Management

Here's how:

• Search for Disk Management from the Cortana search field.
    • Click on Create and format hard disk partitions from the results.
    • Right-click the unallocated space, then click New Simple Volume.
    • Click the Next button from the window that will pop-up.
    • Make sure that you input a size in the limit of the available unallocated space. Continue the steps to finish creating a partition.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 16, 2021
  4. losing disk space?

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

losing disk space?

1. losing disk space? - Similar Threads - losing disk space

2. Losing Disk Space Rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Disk Space Rapidly: Hello, I recently signed up for the Beta Channel in Windows 11 because I wanted to test out 23H2. Within hours of using it, I realized I started losing large chunks of disk space, which has been quite a concerning experience. Initially, I noticed that I had lost an estimated...
  3. Losing Disk Space Rapidly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing Disk Space Rapidly: Hello, I recently signed up for the Beta Channel in Windows 11 because I wanted to test out 23H2. Within hours of using it, I realized I started losing large chunks of disk space, which has been quite a concerning experience. Initially, I noticed that I had lost an estimated...
  4. losing disk space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing disk space?: Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving like before when it comes to disk space. I still have plenty of it, but this is a concerning issue for me. I think it might be...
  5. losing disk space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing disk space?: Something is wrong with my laptop/Windows I think. I'm losing disk space. I have no malware I checked. But for some reason my laptop isn't behaving like before when it comes to disk space. I still have plenty of it, but this is a concerning issue for me. I think it might be...
  6. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  7. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  8. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  10. Losing Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing Space: Every day I've been losing about 3-5 gigabytes. Is there any way to remedy this? submitted by /u/_SkyStriker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky3axr/losing_space/