Windows 10: Losing document content on Wordpad

Discus and support Losing document content on Wordpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenziaMasibo, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Losing document content on Wordpad

I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy and to another new file... nothing. Same thing.

I got MS Word and have tried to open the file through word but it shows block 0s all through as if it is a code or something. I realised my wordpad documents have an extension of .rtf so i tried to convert them to doc... none of the apps would go through with it. They all report back errors.

I have tried emailing the document to a friend of mine and it wont load to my gmail at all.

I really need to recover my actual document... any help will be appreciated.

:)

KenziaMasibo, Aug 21, 2019
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Losing document content on Wordpad [​IMG]

3. Mohan B P Win User
    How to Print a document in WordPad?

Hi Sondra,

To assist you better, let us know if you are facing any issues in printing the WordPad document.

We can print a document in WordPad in two ways,

• Open the WordPad document > Click on
      File
      option in the top left corner of the window > Click on
      Print option and select the printer from the list of printers.
    • Right-click on the WordPad document from the saved location
      >
      Click on Print > Input a file name and click on
      Save
      (If prompted).

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Losing document content on Wordpad

Open documents in Wordpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better clarity on the issue:

• What type of document are you trying to open in WordPad?

If you are trying to open XML documents on your computer, then you can use in-built XPS viewer on the computer that will help you in opening the XML documents. To install XPS viewer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Manage optional features.
    4. Click on Add a feature.
    5. Scroll down, click on XPS viewer and click on
      Install.
    6. Once XPS viewer is installed, you can open the XML files in XPS viewer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Losing document content on Wordpad

1. Losing document content on Wordpad - Similar Threads - Losing document content

2. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  3. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  4. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WordPad documents

WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  6. WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WordPad reporting content to Microsoft??: WordPad froze and when I closed it without further waiting to respond. Dialog box opened and said to wait until the problem gets reported to Microsoft! I need to urgently know WHAT is being reported??? Is content of my document sent?? I have important to me passwords...
  7. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  8. Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Wordpad document randomly lost some content: Hi. One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it the last time I had it open. This isn't the first time it's happened to one of my documents, but it is the first time it's...
  9. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  10. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad: Hello. Whenever I try to open an rtf document from a network share with Wordpad, I get a security notice that says that content is blocked. Here is a snapshot (in Italian): [ATTACH] I've tried to click both OK and Unlock, but nothing changes. OS: Windows 10 Pro. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i keep losing documents on wordpad

2. wordpad some content is blocked