Windows 10: Losing Files

Discus and support Losing Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here's the problem. For some reason, Windows 10 deletes everything from my Explorer Downloads file save for my Kindle content file daily. Luckily, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nathanlenz, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Losing Files

Here's the problem.

For some reason, Windows 10 deletes everything from my Explorer Downloads file save for my Kindle content file daily. Luckily, I have all my Downloaded information stored on a separate portable drive, but it's ridiculous that I have to reload all of my Downloaded program files every single day.

I have Adaware Antivirus set up to automatically scan my computer every other evening, but the deletion occurs EVERY day, so I doubt my virus program is causing the problem.

Any recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.

:)

Nathanlenz, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 losing focus

Hi John,

We need more information to better assist you:

• Does this happen while browsing the web? Have you tried other browsers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker to repair missing or corrupted files. Click this
    link for the steps.

Keep us updated with the results.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Losing Files

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Losing Files

1. Losing Files - Similar Threads - Losing Files

2. will i lose my files if i update my windows 10 to windows 10 update 1903??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will i lose my files if i update my windows 10 to windows 10 update 1903??: i dunno if i will lose my files or not :cccc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-lose-my-files-if-i-update-my-windows-10-to/711bc3ee-1499-4e34-8ba6-f4337a7308f1
  3. It's been years since I updated my windows 10, will I lose files ?

It's been years since I updated my windows 10, will I lose files ?: It's been years since last time I updated my windows 10, will I lose files if I updated? and by files I mean my games my videos applications etc.....
  4. Media Player losing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player losing files: Why does Windows 10 Media Player keep losing cover art files and misplacing music files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-losing-files/8e132e0a-8d45-4c85-8a9f-8b4627478727
  5. If i upgrade my windows 10 from the official microsoft link will i lose my files?

If i upgrade my windows 10 from the official microsoft link will i lose my files?: https://www.microsoft.com/el-gr/software-download/windows10 Will this keep my files if i choose not to create an ISO but just choose upgrade this pc to windows 10. Sorry for bad english...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps: Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-while-unbootable-without/8f368c33-690f-47d7-b182-239f0c208cc3"
  7. One Drive Loses Files

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Loses Files: W10 build 1803 Yesterday, I copied some files and moved some to One Drive. This morning I restored my system from a Macrium image and discovered none of those files were no longer there. Also, my Outlook 365 .pst files were not up to date. For example my Calendar and People...
  8. Repeatedly losing permissions over files (ie. Steam, System files)

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeatedly losing permissions over files (ie. Steam, System files): Hello, I am new to this so please excuse my lack of forum knowledge. A few weeks ago I noticed that I could no longer enter my PIN to log into my account. I immediately tried adding a new PIN from the "Sign-in Options" tab of "Settings" and was unable to do so. It would...
  9. Getting sick of windows errors/lose files after sleep/restart...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting sick of windows errors/lose files after sleep/restart...: Hi Ever since I installed windows 10 and I'm having those random issues after waking up from sleep / restart or shutdown. (fast startup disabled no difference) Those issues mainly are: 1- Files and folders disappearing despite their date creation. Mostly on secondary...
  10. Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file: Hi All, I've downloaded an album, and I'm trying to edit the title tag of each file, however as soon as I edit it and click apply, the file is losing all of its metadata (title, artist, album etc.) To edit the title, I'm just right clicking on the file > Properties >...