Windows 10: Losing focus

Discus and support Losing focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SmetWin10, Nov 8, 2019.

1. SmetWin10 Win User

Losing focus

Hello,

I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on the power off button to select restart, shutdown or sleep, it loses focus on this to so it looks like i pressed esc.
    An other example: when i press 'windows+r' and start typing my focus jumps away and i need to click the textbox again to finish typing.

Things i tried:
    unplugging keyboard, mouse.
    When I start windows in safe mode the problem is not there.
    installing updates

winver: version: 1809 build: 17763.504

:)

SmetWin10, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Nov 8, 2019
  3. compupix Win User
    Active Window Loses Focus

Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've made no changes to this program since last year!
    The program that loses focus is frequently, but not always, Google Chrome.
    The program the gets focus is always Impact Software Einstime.
    Google Chrome "is up to date" Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Einstime 4.7.0000
    Windows 10.0.17763
    Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000

Thanks!

compupix, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Losing focus

stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Losing focus

1. Losing focus - Similar Threads - Losing focus

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Multiple staff Mouse Cursor Losing Focus / Keyboard Dropping while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple staff Mouse Cursor Losing Focus / Keyboard Dropping while typing: Issue: For months, many in our staff have been dealing with a problem described as: Where, and When, we are typing- the keyboard drops / mouse cursor loses focus, and we have to actually click back into where the area we are typing in. Yaaaarrg groan ! : For example, I am...
  5. Multiple staff Mouse Cursor Losing Focus / Keyboard Dropping while typing

Multiple staff Mouse Cursor Losing Focus / Keyboard Dropping while typing: Issue: For months, many in our staff have been dealing with a problem described as: Where, and When, we are typing- the keyboard drops / mouse cursor loses focus, and we have to actually click back into where the area we are typing in. Yaaaarrg groan ! : For example, I am...
  6. Multiple staff Mouse Cursor Losing Focus / Keyboard Dropping while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. windows 11 - some aplications lose "focus"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - some aplications lose "focus": Not much to say .. Windows started losing focus in some applications .. doesnt matter if is windowed or maximazedso far only some minority of apps has this .. When i move my mouse over some text, its normal, focused, but that one text .. and its also not on full screen .....
  8. windows 11 - some aplications lose "focus"

windows 11 - some aplications lose "focus": Not much to say .. Windows started losing focus in some applications .. doesnt matter if is windowed or maximazedso far only some minority of apps has this .. When i move my mouse over some text, its normal, focused, but that one text .. and its also not on full screen .....
  9. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  10. Apps losing focus randomly

Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...