Windows 10: Losing Incoming E-Mail

Discus and support Losing Incoming E-Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2016 as my e-mail program and it has always worked great. A few days ago I noticed that I was not getting some e-mail that had been sent... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Losing Incoming E-Mail

I use Outlook 2016 as my e-mail program and it has always worked great. A few days ago I noticed that I was not getting some e-mail that had been sent to me. I know this because the e-mail was sent to a group. I had one of the group members forward the e-mail to me. I checked everything out in that message and it was totally correct. As a matter of fact 10 minutes earlier that same sender had sent another group e-mail and I got that one. The e-mail sender checked to see that the message was sent and not bounced back for some reason.

The problem has gotten worse, yesterday I almost got no e-mail and I know that I was sent a bunch of stuff. I even went to my neighbor and sent myself a test e-mail and it did not arrive. I am pretty sure it is not my system causing the problem because I have an Android tablet and it does not get the e-mails either. The thing that really has me puzzled is I am still getting some e-mail, mainly from advertisers.

I contacted my Internet Service Provider yesterday to see if they are having some problem. They are checking into it but there is nothing they are aware about.

If anyone has an idea of what is going here it would be greatly appreciated.

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Dec 11, 2015
  2. dorlen Win User

e mail

Sine switching to windows 10 I've been experiencing some e mail problems.

The first is that I can't open some of the attachments, mainly pictures I think

The second is that a lot of my incoming e mails are off center, to the right , and I am therefore losing the right half of the info or picture.

dorlen, Dec 11, 2015
  3. dlinsin Win User
    E51 - use WLAN for email in preference to network

Menu > Messaging > (my mailbox) > E-mail settings > Connection setting > Incoming e-mail > Access point in use, select Always Ask.

Are you sure you have these settings for incoming mail?

dlinsin, Dec 11, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Losing Incoming E-Mail

Al, who is your mail provider? Your ISP, your employer, Outlook.com, etc.?

If it's Outlook.com, look at the threads about Windows Live Mail patch problems. Your Outlook 2016 may be affected by the same upgrade issue (DeltaSync vs. EAS).

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  5. My ISP for e-mail is 101sitehosting.com. I have contacted them and they are searching for my missing e-mail - I sent them a copy of an e-mail I did not get. They are supposed to keep my e-mail on their server for a number of days, so hopefully they find out what is happening to them.

The strange thing is, I am getting some e-mail. For example this morning I had forgotten my password for one company and their e-mail for a password reset almost arrived instantly.

Ak

alkaufmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Losing Incoming E-Mail

1. Losing Incoming E-Mail - Similar Threads - Losing Incoming Mail

2. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  3. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  4. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  5. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  6. Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail cuts attachements for incoming e-mail from specific mail domain.: Hi! I've narrowed the problem down to being Windows Mail only having issues with e-mail attachments not being delivered. Just text. I've tried other mail clients em Client, Outlook which had no problem with delivering the attachments. I've tried resetting the Windows Mail...
  7. Not able to reply to e-mails and not getting income e-mails on time or Ever!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to reply to e-mails and not getting income e-mails on time or Ever!: Ok, everything was working fine up to about the early part of December 2020. I had two computers, two phones and a tablet which were getting and send e-mail ok. I have tried since then and now to get that syncing back. No luck. I had read you're "We couldn't access...
  8. E-Mails

E-Mails: I am unable to access my e-mails Can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mails/d3f0b5f4-36d9-45b1-9182-59da55e78e88
  9. e mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e mails: how do i get my email from popping up on the side when i log into my internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mails/70e3c41b-1a94-4536-9877-60e75ae7f8b8
  10. E mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E mail: Just checking i got e mail thanking me for contacting microsoft but i never contacted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail/782aa5c4-b8b6-441b-9d9c-c7200c44b289