Windows 10: Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10

Discus and support Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to browse internet using a free public WiFi with daily lease time, but I discovered a workaround to keep connected for unlimited time by setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fanji1992, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Fanji1992 Win User

Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10

I used to browse internet using a free public WiFi with daily lease time, but I discovered a workaround to keep connected for unlimited time by setting IP configuration manually. During the official lease time, IP config is automatic, and I was able to activate mobile hotspot on my PC to use the internet on my mobile devices. But when the IP is configured manually, the internet connection seemed to be lost in both my PC and mobiles, if mobile hotspot on PC was on. As soon as I disabled mobile hotspot, the internet came back.

My question would be whether this problem exist on Windows 10 or the router. As I don't even know the position of the router, let alone reset it, then I will just give up. But if the problem was from Windows, I expect a solution.

Thank you.

Best regards.

:)

Fanji1992, Oct 12, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 12, 2020
  3. How to Disable mobile hotspot SSID

Hello Jimbo,

To better assist you, please follow the steps on how to turn off mobile hotspot on your Windows 10 device:

• Open Settings, click Network & Internet icon
    • Click / tap on Mobile Hotspot on the left side, and turn off Share your Internet connection with other devices.
    • Any devices currently connected to your mobile hotspot will lose connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ian Lee Est, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10

Internet is not connected in Mobile Hotspot

I used Mobile Hotspot feature of Windows 10 and I can connect to my network.

There is however no internet connection with clients which connect to this Mobile Hotspot.

How can I Troubleshoot this problem in android?

Meysam Javadi, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10

1. Losing internet connection when activating mobile hotspot on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Losing internet connection

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (Lost internet connection when Iphone is connected): At work, I used to share my laptop ethernet connection to my iphone through mobile hotspot. It used to work fine until today. When my iphone is connected to the laptop, my laptop internet connection was lost (no connection to outlook server, chrome browser etc..). However,...
  6. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  7. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  8. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

9. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  10. Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection'

Windows 10 mobile hotspot 'no internet connection': Hi I am having issues with windows 10 mobile hotspot. My ethernet is working fine - have updated to windows 10 2018 October update. If I try to connect to the windows 10 hotspot it says 'no internet connection' on any device I try to connect to it. Never had this issue...