Windows 10: Losing internet connection while updating

Discus and support Losing internet connection while updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While visiting my friend my laptop suddenly started to update. It was updating for 1 hour, and then i went home. I didn't turn it off,i just closed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FinioM, Sep 30, 2019.

1. FinioM Win User

Losing internet connection while updating

While visiting my friend my laptop suddenly started to update. It was updating for 1 hour, and then i went home. I didn't turn it off,i just closed the screen. When i opened it at home it was still running. As of now it is still on 20%, with none of the announced restarts happening. Is it bricked? Do i have to force shutdown? Take out the battery? Or just wait? I connected it with an internet cable to the router. Thanks in advance.

:)

FinioM, Sep 30, 2019

2. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 install and promptly lose internet connection?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter and Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Losing internet connection while updating - Similar Threads - Losing internet connection

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. losing internet connection everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    losing internet connection everyday: I keep losing my internet connection even im connected properly in my cable. I got a small room only but I keep losing internet. I have 100 MBPS subscription but it is loading too slow and disconnect. It happens everytime I play game while doing youtube. Please....
  5. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi loses internet connection after a while: My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is...
  6. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: I have rogers ignite 150bps internet and have the pod signal boosters. Booster is 10 ft away from my Asus laptop. Running windows 10. Problem existed before upgrading my rogers service Periodically, laptop shows no wireless connection. I first make sure WLAN is on. When I...
  7. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  8. losing internet connection

losing internet connection: i made a post about my hp envy 360 losing connection to the internet after a recent update. was told to re set network adapter, that worked for a while, issue is back again. re setting adapter doesnt work. yet im making this post on my surface and dont lose connection, along...
  9. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....
  10. Losing internet connection intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently: For the past month or so, I've been losing my internet connection intermittently. This happens somewhat sporadically, but when it does the connection is interrupted for about 30 -45 seconds and then resumes, usually without my having to resort to Windows 10 troubleshooting....