Windows 10: Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail)

Discus and support Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive spend the last 90 minutes on the phones with microsoft. They cannot tell me which license is attached to which account. I need to move the retail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxweenus, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail)

Ive spend the last 90 minutes on the phones with microsoft.

They cannot tell me which license is attached to which account.

I need to move the retail win10 pro to a new machine, and need to know which account and if I can.

Where can I get this information?

PI'd be soo grateful for any insight.

submitted by /u/maxweenus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxweenus, Jun 29, 2020
  2. josephc55 Win User

Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version determination

1. How do I determine if my version is a Retail or is an OEM version?

2. Can the Retail or OEM nature of the version be determined by the Product Key itself?

3. I am aware that:

"If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version.

If you upgrade from a OEM version, it carries the rights of a OEM version."

4. The 2 licenses I have originally came from Vista and Windows 7, then upgraded to 8.1 then the free upgrade to Windows 10.

5. I am interested to see if I can transfer my Professional license from one of these licenses to a Home license from a new computer, so that it becomes a Professional license.

6. I understand that my licenses are in my Microsoft account, but I cannot find these licenses in my Microsoft account.

josephc55, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail)

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail) [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail)

1. Losing my mind. I have 2 MS accounts, and 4 Windows licenses (3 oem, 1 retail) - Similar Threads - Losing mind accounts

2. Is my license retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my license retail or OEM: Hello I bought a refurbished windows 7 pro PC and later upgraded it to 10. I am now switching to a new home-built PC and the question is: Can I transfer my license?In the settings, it says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. using...
  3. Is my license retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my license retail or OEM: Hello I bought a refurbished windows 7 pro PC and later upgraded it to 10. I am now switching to a new home-built PC and the question is: Can I transfer my license?In the settings, it says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account. using...
  4. Is my license retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license: I want to remove OEM license and replace by retail license. The reason is I'm a vendor who sells `Computer Desktop` and `Laptop` to customer. Those Computer Desktops and Laptops have OEM license but my customer just want retail license only for financial reason. So I need to...
  6. Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license: I want to remove OEM license and replace by retail license. The reason is I'm a vendor who sells `Computer Desktop` and `Laptop` to customer. Those Computer Desktops and Laptops have OEM license but my customer just want retail license only for financial reason. So I need to...
  7. My license changed from RETAIL to OEM

My license changed from RETAIL to OEM: Hi! I have had my acer laptop for several years now. It was with Win 8 system, but I upgraded it for free to Win 10. I recently bought a new laptop, so I wanted to know whether I can move my Windows license. To do this I checked type of license on acer slmgr -dli and it was...
  8. Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license

Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license: Is the Windows 10 USB product on the microsoft store an OEM license or a Retail license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-oem-license-or-retail-license/46f89348-83e1-42ae-9596-da45958257ca
  9. Windows 10 retail versus OEM license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 retail versus OEM license: In answers to the question that often comes up regarding OEM licenses purchased via third-party websites (Amazon, eBay, etc), it is frequently noted that the OEM version of Windows is identical to the retail version (with some limitations on support and license transfer). In...
  10. 2 license keys for 1 account?

2 license keys for 1 account?: Hello all, I recently built a new PC and was going to move my windows 10 key to it from my current one. Instead I was thinking I would just buy a new key since i'm not selling this one but giving it to my brother. Would it be possible to have 2 license keys linked to my...