Windows 10: Losing sound on right ear

Discus and support Losing sound on right ear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys! I'm using ASUS F555U that I bought around 15 months ago and it's running Windows 10. Recently I've encountered a problem where I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lawola, Jan 29, 2017.

1. lawola Win User

Losing sound on right ear

Hello guys!

I'm using ASUS F555U that I bought around 15 months ago and it's running Windows 10. Recently I've encountered a problem where I'm losing sound on my right headphone. As of lately I haven't installed any new software or changed settings in any way. What happens is that I have sound on both sides for a few minutes then the sound on the right side slowly weakens and then it disappears completely. Sound on both sides usually lasts for around 5 minutes then I'm left with only sound on my left side. If I replug my headphones, I have sound on both sides again until it vanishes. At first I thought perhaps my headphones were broken so I tried with new pair, same thing. Tried headphones on another device and they worked perfectly. That made me think my headphone jack on my laptop was broken, so I tried with a USB soundcard where I got the same result as using the headphone jack.

I've emailed ASUS about this matter.. they told me to reformat my computer which I'm not willing to do at this time because of school, need the programs and such so I can't waste time refixing my computer just yet. Can't do a system restore to a point earlier either, says it's not available because my last update was over 10 days ago.
    Has anyone encountered the same problem or know what might be causing it?

Thanks!

:)

lawola, Jan 29, 2017

2. Lumia 930 . Sound recorded is louder on the right ear plug

Hey guys...i need a little help. My 930 has the ability to record in 5.1 channel surround sound...however the sound recorded in videos through surround sound and when 5.1 channel surround sound is disabled the sound seems the dominate the right ear plug...
    Its not the ear phones or head phones. Not sure whether this is normal. Please help

thiolangovender, Jan 29, 2017
  3. Bad call quality on Nokia 820

Hold the phone to your right ear only so that you are speaking into the microphone. If you hold it up your left ear your mouth will cover,the microphone, thus muffling the sound.

CathySides, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Losing sound on right ear

Welcome to the TenForums @Iawola

You didn't mention what kind of "sound card" you have. Lets assume its Realtek, you can correct me.

I think we can either assume its a setting or its the driver.

For setting can you open the Realtek HD Audio manager. There should be a settings option within the audio manager. Please check your settings. Some allow you to configure ports. If the port isn't right it does cause issue. Please look through all the different elements and links within audio manager.

If that doesn't solve things I think we could be looking at a driver issue, one that windows installed on your behalf. Personally I would shut off Windows updating hardware drivers. Before going further please ensure you have restore points enabled and create a restore point. A disk Image is also a handy thing to have, just in case.

Could you go into device manager and find this device, is it reporting "working correctly". If so please note driver manufacturer and driver version. First you could try updating driver, maybe a better version is available.

If this does not clear problem then I would head to Asus site and find the driver they recommend for your device. It will likely be an older driver. You could uninstall you existing driver and software and then install the older driver. Note driver version number. Test. Reconfirm settings in Audio manager.

Caledon Ken, Jan 30, 2017
Thema:

Losing sound on right ear

1. Losing sound on right ear - Similar Threads - Losing sound right

2. Sound goes missing from right ear on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes missing from right ear on startup: I have hyperX cloud stinger s -headphones that use a usb-a adapter. It works fine when i plug them in but after restart or startup, the audio is only on the left side. I tried testing the audio in the sound settings menu and it played the sound in 7.1 way. But when using...
  3. Sound goes missing from right ear on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound goes missing from right ear on startup: I have hyperX cloud stinger s -headphones that use a usb-a adapter. It works fine when i plug them in but after restart or startup, the audio is only on the left side. I tried testing the audio in the sound settings menu and it played the sound in 7.1 way. But when using...
  4. My right ear headphones don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My right ear headphones don't work: My old wireless headphones were wireless but used USB instead of bluetooth to connect and it worked okay until the right ear stopped working so I bought new headphones and they're wireless but connect with USB C and I can't hear out of the right ear. With the headphone jack...
  5. My right ear headphones don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My right ear headphones don't work: My old wireless headphones were wireless but used USB instead of bluetooth to connect and it worked okay until the right ear stopped working so I bought new headphones and they're wireless but connect with USB C and I can't hear out of the right ear. With the headphone jack...
  6. Losing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Losing Sound: I have a PC with Windows 10, Version 2004 that was installed in late 2019. A couple of times now I have lost my sound. It just happened for the second time yesterday. After the first time it happened I had it fixed by Staples - this was several months ago. I have read that...
  7. Any headphone I plug into my desktop only plays sound in the right ear.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any headphone I plug into my desktop only plays sound in the right ear.: I know 100% this is a problem with my desktop, because 1 I tried 4 different headsets and the same problem, I even ordered a new headset and same problem. 2 All the headsets I tried work on my other devices like my laptop, phone, etc It's not a software problem I tried...
  8. sound in one ear only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound in one ear only: since switching to microsoft edge I can only hear out one side of my headphones and its not the mono setting or speaker balance or the headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-in-one-ear-only/e3848f78-3694-4aa9-a6f9-25cfab7017ec
  9. Sound only playing in left ear

Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....
  10. Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update

Sound only coming from right ear after windows 10 update: I am having the issue of sound only coming through the right ear unless the jack stick is plugged half-way in. When its plugged half way in the sound is louder in the left ear than the right. I recently updated windows 10 and prior to that there was no sound issue. I...