Windows 10: Losing Sound

Discus and support Losing Sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a PC with Windows 10, Version 2004 that was installed in late 2019. A couple of times now I have lost my sound. It just happened for the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonHebb, Mar 16, 2021.

1. DonHebb Win User

Losing Sound

I have a PC with Windows 10, Version 2004 that was installed in late 2019. A couple of times now I have lost my sound. It just happened for the second time yesterday.

After the first time it happened I had it fixed by Staples - this was several months ago.

I have read that this is a problem with windows 10 that seems to occur sometimes after a Windows update.

I don't want to have to get someone like Staples to fix it each time it happens, so hoping there is a permanent fix, or at least a fix I can do.

Don

:)

DonHebb, Mar 16, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Losing Sound :p

cadaveca, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    losing sound in windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Losing Sound

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Losing Sound

1. Losing Sound - Similar Threads - Losing Sound

2. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  3. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  4. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft audio dock loses sound why is this not fixed after years of reports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft audio dock loses sound why is this not fixed after years of reports: Rodelio P. Microsoft Agent closed a ticket 6 months that was obviously not resolved.All of these audio docks are defective. Mine stops playing audio if I am not constantly playing music and then needs to be reset. Online searches don't show any fix for this over the last 2...
  6. Microsoft audio dock loses sound why is this not fixed after years of reports

Microsoft audio dock loses sound why is this not fixed after years of reports: Rodelio P. Microsoft Agent closed a ticket 6 months that was obviously not resolved.All of these audio docks are defective. Mine stops playing audio if I am not constantly playing music and then needs to be reset. Online searches don't show any fix for this over the last 2...
  7. Microsoft audio dock loses sound why is this not fixed after years of reports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my cmputer keep losing sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cmputer keep losing sound?: G'day,I need help, please. When I turn my computer on. Sometimes the sound is working. The next time no sound. I am able to regain the sound. After a time is goes off again. Could somebody tell me how I can keep the sound going all the time? The drivers and everything have...
  9. Why does my cmputer keep losing sound?

Why does my cmputer keep losing sound?: G'day,I need help, please. When I turn my computer on. Sometimes the sound is working. The next time no sound. I am able to regain the sound. After a time is goes off again. Could somebody tell me how I can keep the sound going all the time? The drivers and everything have...
  10. Why does my cmputer keep losing sound?

in Windows 10 Customization