Windows 10: Losing touchpad toggle

Discus and support Losing touchpad toggle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have searched some solutions on google but did not find anything suitable for me.[ATTACH]I do not know why I lost the toggle, touchpad still works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyaw ZinHtun, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Losing touchpad toggle

I have searched some solutions on google but did not find anything suitable for me. Losing touchpad toggle 19b4ae99-0cd7-4852-bee0-5ce02c4d2844?upload=true.png I do not know why I lost the toggle, touchpad still works simple tasks but not the gestures. Before, I could use gestures but lost them suddenlymaybe due to little water spilt on it.I also tried to find the driver but could not find it.

:)

Kyaw ZinHtun, Nov 21, 2020

2. Enabling touchpad windows 10 Dell laptop

Hi Amy,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

A lot of Dell touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Further, follow these steps to check if that helps:

• In the Search box, type touchpad.

• Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

• Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note: When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

• Touch or click Additional mouse options.

• Touch or click the Dell Touchpad or Click Pad tab.

Touch or click the link, Click to change Dell Touchpad settings, there may be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 21, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Losing touchpad toggle

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Losing touchpad toggle

1. Losing touchpad toggle - Similar Threads - Losing touchpad toggle

2. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  3. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  4. Camera toggle does not toggle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera toggle does not toggle: I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs Windows 10, and the f8 key is supposed to toggle the camera. However, I recently dropped my phone, which landed directly on this key. While it does still register being pressed, it no longer toggles, instead acting idempotently. Thus, I am...
  5. toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    toggle to disable touchpad has disappeared: In Device Settings, the toggle to disable the touchpad has disappeared, and the touchpad has become active. I must have it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-to-disable-touchpad-has-disappeared/b3d16ab3-b92b-40cc-a01e-7d08fd9dc651
  6. Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Can't Be Toggled After Update 1909/2004: the machine is an MSI GL63 9SE laptop, it has a synaptic based touchpad. The keyboard has a key combo that should toggle it (FN+F3). After an update this function stopped working (I believe that update was 1909 or 1903 that I got today). After posting on the MSI sub someone...
  7. Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad

Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad: I want to disable this feature but there is no options to. Synaptics touchpads had this option as shown below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-double-tap-toggle-button-feature-for/503e9d5e-daee-4fcc-9dfb-1f7ece186496
  8. bluetooth toggle

bluetooth toggle: Hi, i have had to use a bluetooth keypad for the past 2 years ever since my laptop keypad stopped working after a windows update (2 years I've been waiting to get it sorted!!!). Anyway, today my bluetooth switched off and the toggle switch has disappeared. Again about the...
  9. Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Toggling audio HDMI output issue with windows losing detection: I realize this is an audio issue but since it is audio over hdmi I figured this was the correct forum. I am running the latest Windows 10 build and graphics drivers. I just updated using the Intel utility but problem occurring before and after, however I am not sure if the...
  10. Brightness Toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Toggle: In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle? 15613