Windows 10: Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

Discus and support Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this laptop that came with touchscreen capabilities, I reset the whole pc and reinstalled Windows using a USB, and now the touchscreen no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HussGB, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HussGB Win User

Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

I have this laptop that came with touchscreen capabilities, I reset the whole pc and reinstalled Windows using a USB, and now the touchscreen no longer works plus the audio drivers aren't found

The computer name is Iota

The model number is iOTA 2210

2GB RAM

1.44Ghz

Intel Atom x5

:)

HussGB, Jan 20, 2021

2. Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 20, 2021
  3. ghost1982 Win User
    touchscreen keyboard not autohiding after creators update

The problem I have doing that is the installation media installs the wrong drivers for my device I lose the touchscreen, the ability to turn it on or off, the ability to charge my battery, the keyboard doesn't work (it's a 2 in 1), the list just goes on
    and on. Trying fix screen rotation issues at the suggestion of one of your guys I reset my device, using another computer to download drivers it took me three days to get full functionality back. I also tried updating directly from you guys it didn't help
    same problems. I am not going to go through that again just for the keyboard not auto-hiding. Any other suggestions? Merry Christmas

ghost1982, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

My Dell Inspiron touchscreen turns off.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the Dell Inspiron Laptop?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as refered in these articles and let us know the status.

1. What to try if your touchscreen doesn't
      work
    2. Enable and disable your touchscreen in Windows 10
    3. How to Troubleshoot Touchscreen Issues

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

1. Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop - Similar Threads - Losing TouchScreen abilities

2. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  3. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  4. My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop loses the ability to connect to wifi completely when downloading large files.: As the title says, when i try to download large files such as Steam/Epic/Genshin/..... games or even after using for a few hours (2-3 hour), my computer either loses connection to my home wifi completely and refuses to reconnect or it loses the wifi and mobile hotspot option....
  5. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  6. My laptop touchscreen doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop touchscreen doesn't work: I don't know whether it is a hardware or a software problem, but the touch screen on my computer stopped responding after the mainboard was replaced during a repair. System information shows "No pen or touch input is available for this display". Also, when I checked the...
  7. losing my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    losing my laptop: Can I track my laptop's location if it wasn't connected wifi and turned on location? plz help me. I tried using Microsoft Find your device and it showed me where my laptop was. but I don't know if this is exact location...
  8. PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Loses Ability to Find WiFis: With no warning, my PC will become unable to detect any WiFi Networks. Usually, the build-up to this issue ocurring goes as follows: 1. Internet connection to my current WiFi Network 1 will be lost. Other WiFis Network 2 and Network 3 will still show on the list. 2. My...
  9. Laptop touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop touchscreen: Got up this morning and the touchscreen has a pink/green hue. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-touchscreen/4b1cdcb5-44cc-4283-8ebc-5fb326f2b079
  10. I uninstalled the touchscreen ability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled the touchscreen ability: I was playing sims and the touch screen ability was messing with my playing, so i googled up how to turn it off, and I guess I ended up uninstalling it instead. For some reason, I didn't think I wasn't going to be able to get it back, but it seems like the case....