Windows 10: Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

Discus and support Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anyone having same issue? Printer is loosing its localport is a unc was assigned. This append when spooler service is restarted. Affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sylvain-Paquette, May 21, 2020.

1. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

Anyone having same issue?

Printer is loosing its localport is a unc was assigned. This append when spooler service is restarted.

Affected Localspl.dll is April 29th version is 6.3.9600.19701

If we replace to Feb. 9th version 6.3.9600.19293 everything is back to normal.

I have also been aware of the same issue in Windows 10

:)

Sylvain-Paquette, May 21, 2020
  2. Smittychat., May 21, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

Server 2012

IF you want to try seizing the FSMO roles to see if it will help, here is a quick guide (this should be done on the DC you want to keep):

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...ation-master-roles-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Knowing that this is a DC now I'm really convinced that something is wrong with the AD account for this particular server. It's possible that the promotion to a DC didn't work correctly leaving you with a sort of broken DC.

A reboot is always worth a shot; has that been tried Ahhzz? If it has, then the next step would be to demote this DC and rejoin it to the domain. Once rejoined you can run DCPromo again. Microsoft best practice is to have at least 2 DCs for redundancy.

Wastedslayer, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

1. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012? - Similar Threads - Losing unc printer

2. minidump server 2012

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minidump server 2012: get blue screen stating driver irql not less or equal mfefirek.syshappened 3 or 4 times in last few monthsserver 2012 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-server-2012/1020a77e-a3a3-4928-a031-498b8b3ac744
  3. Com Port Driver outdated since 2012

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port Driver outdated since 2012: If you can see the Device in device center and can see the port there is an easy solution. Change the driver by following the YouTube video by #robojax link below in #6 #1 Control Panel #2 Device Manager or can search in start menu for this option #3 Ports select...
  4. UNC SERVER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNC SERVER: SIR/ MAM I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO AND I LIKE IT. BUT FROM LAST 2-3 MOTNHS "UNC SERVER" IS ALWAYS ON IN THE PROCESSES WHICH MAKES THE COMPUTER SLOW DOWN. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I DISABLE THE UNC SERVER....
  5. What is the Windows 10 Printer Server Port ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the Windows 10 Printer Server Port ??: Hi Guys. I have installed printers in my windows 10 machine print server and shared them in our network. One of the program which needs to add the printers along with Port number. What is the port number of Print Server in Windows 10?? Regards, Kumar...
  6. printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2

printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2: host os -windows 10 printer-hp laserjet 1020 printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issue-in-redircted-printer-in-rdp-server/f636f84d-ceab-41c2-bcd0-8dc3acbdeb43
  7. Server changes printer ports

Server changes printer ports: Hello, we have a client who has a server on which he has a cash register program. They have a remote location out of town from which they charge customers various items for contruction. From the program, they can print out A4 format receipt and POS receipts. The server...
  8. Server 2012 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2012 question: I have a computer running windows 10, the upgraded version from 8. It has a windows server 2012 R2 running on it and I would like to do a reinstall for the windows 10 to clean up my system but how do I get the 2012 R2 back on there? As far as I know I do not have a disc for...
  9. Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer?

Maximum number of printers on a printer server or even a local computer?: Just as the title says. What is the maximum number of printers a Windows 10 print server could support? And is this different than a normal desktop client?...
  10. Windows 10 loses local usb printers

Windows 10 loses local usb printers: Since upgrading to Windows 10 in August, I have 4 users who lose their local usb connected printers about 10 times per day. The only way to get the printers back is to restart the computer. They are not able to print from any software (Word, Wordpad, excel, etc.) when they...