Windows 10: Losing WiFi connection

Discus and support Losing WiFi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sheep01, Oct 21, 2020.

1. sheep01 Win User

Losing WiFi connection

Hello,

I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks bit, the only available network is my one which is strange in itself because there are normally about 10 other people’s ones and it says its disconnected. When I press ‘connect’, it says it can’t connect and then my network disappears from the list too. The only way I’ve found to get it back is to restart the laptop, and then exactly the same process happens again. I don’t understand it - it’s not my internet because other devices in the house are working fine. I’ve tried everything I can think of which admittedly isn’t very much beyond restarting and trying the network diagnostics so does anyone have any ideas what’s causing it / how to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

:)

sheep01, Oct 21, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Oct 21, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Oct 21, 2020
  4. mynit Win User

Losing WiFi connection

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

The router is a Sagemcom B-Box 3 running the ISP's software. It does not have user-accessible logs but I can see what devices are currently connected. When the computer loses internet access, it still shows in the list of connected devices, as I would expect.

The available IPv4 pool is 192.168.1.2-63 and I statically assigned 192.168.1.63 for that last test.

The computer is an HP Elitebook 8460P with a Broadcom BCM43XX wifi adapter. The driver is the latest version.

mynit, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Losing WiFi connection

1. Losing WiFi connection - Similar Threads - Losing WiFi connection

2. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lose wifi connection frequently: I lose wifi connection many times randomly, it may happen after an hour, 5 minutes ...etc,I tried nearly everything, updating drivers, troubleshoot, reseting the adapters, cmd prompt, using google dns, disabling powersaving mode, and nothing worked!should I buy a usb wifi or...
  3. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lose wifi connection frequently: I lose wifi connection many times randomly, it may happen after an hour, 5 minutes ...etc,I tried nearly everything, updating drivers, troubleshoot, reseting the adapters, cmd prompt, using google dns, disabling powersaving mode, and nothing worked!should I buy a usb wifi or...
  4. I lose wifi connection frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  6. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  7. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  8. Frequently lose the WiFi connection

Frequently lose the WiFi connection: Several times a day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that there are no wireless networks, although there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter solves the problem after giving...
  9. Frequently losing WiFi Connection

Frequently losing WiFi Connection: Several times per day, the wireless connection on my Windows 10 laptop will suddenly stop working. If I check my WiFi, it tells me that no wireless networks are found, despite the fact that there should be multiple strong signals. Running the troubleshooter fixes the problem...
  10. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...