Windows 10: Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update

Discus and support Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a follow up post to one I made around the time of the update that is seemingly lost in the abyss of the forums. I had my main account lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TylerA____, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update

This is a follow up post to one I made around the time of the update that is seemingly lost in the abyss of the forums. I had my main account lose admin privileges after the windows update, this is a noted issue with this update. I have been able to boot into safe mode and activate the local admin account. With this came two issues. 1. when loading into the admin account or any new account I am asked to set my preferred tracker settings idk what they are like find my device and advertisement ID stuff after this I am met with an OOBESETTINGS error and the fixes I've seen for this have not worked for me. I have managed to find that if I Shift+F10 and Control+Alt+Delete I can pull up task manager and close out this update issue, annoying but it works. 2. When using command prompt to make a new account on the computer and assign it admin, the account does not get given admin privileges. I have un-admined and reassigned to my main account, I've made new accounts as admins and they are listed as admin but do not have admin.

I can not revert to a past save as the window is closed I wasnt able to boot into safemode or get into bios until today due to other issues. What do I do here?

:)

TylerA____, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Loss of administrative privileges

Hi Christine,

As a workaround, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps given above after entering Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below on how to enable the Administrator account using Windows Recovery Environment:

• Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off. Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • A Windows logo screen or a Please wait screen will appear on the screen after repeating a force shutdown for three times.
    • The system would enter advanced recovery interface. Click Advanced options to enter Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In Windows Recovery Environment, click Troubleshoot
    • Under Advance options, click Command Prompt.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
      Enter.
      It will display the list of all user accounts on the system.
    • To activate the inactive Administrator account, type in the command:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      and press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt and exit out of the Windows Recovery Environment. Reboot your PC and try to log in.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update

can't access windows as an administrator

Hi Yongbo,

To address your concern regarding account issues in Windows 10, we recommend creating a new user account using the hidden administrator. To access the hidden administrator, follow these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active: yes (Note: There's a space after "/" and ":").
    After performing the steps above, log out to your current account. Then, log in to the hidden administrator. Next, create a new user account by following the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people tab.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC, and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update

1. Loss of Administrator Access with 2/13~ Windows Update - Similar Threads - Loss Administrator Access

2. Administrator Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Access: I inadvertently changed something in my settings and I have now lost Admin rights. When I click on anything that requires an Administrator I get the prompt to continue as an admin - but the error message doesn't give me a "yes" option - see below. I have tried googling...
  3. No administrator access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No administrator access: My friend is trying to reset his windows but he can't because he doesn't have administrator access. Does any1 have any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-administrator-access/97bcc286-90f9-4a94-a5d0-db66904987f2
  4. Administrator access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator access: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1139. Recently updated. I often get a note popped up telling me I can't perform an action because I need administrator access. Lately this happened after I defragmented the system hard drive. After rebooting,...
  5. Loss Administrator Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Loss Administrator Password: I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. We moved and I cannot use the email I had on the two version verification any longer. I can only use the text part. I don't see that any of my accounts name administrator but anytime I need to try to use some of my programs...
  6. administrator access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator access: Hello. I am trying to create a backup not only of my files but also programmes that I have added e.g. Office. however/wherever I try to do that the error message is that Windows cannot access the specified device, file or drive and that I may not have the appropriate...
  7. LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW : PART 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOSS OF NORMAL WINDOW : PART 2: This problem already reported & replied to by Eiji T on 23rd March. I do not get the normal Desktop screen afer shutdown. The Indepenen Advisor Eiji recommended me to get into SAFE MODE which I have done. As expected, by me, I still have original problem. He asked for...
  8. Windows Media Player "not responding" after 2/13/20 Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player "not responding" after 2/13/20 Windows update: Ever since the Windows update on 2/13/20, I haven't been able to use Windows Media Player. When I click on the icon, it does open up. However, it just stays at the "not responding" status and never changes. Also, I've noticed my whole computer in general is running very...
  9. Loss of Device Administrators

Loss of Device Administrators: I own a laptop that started life with Windows 8 and later on I was handed an opportunity of the free Windows 10 upgrade by Microsoft. Two days ago I decided to carry out a complete reinstall with removal of files and my added software. After device install when it came to...
  10. Loss of administrator access

Loss of administrator access: I have lost ALL administrator access after upgrade from Version 1803 to Version 1809 on December 29th. This includes running Safe Mode Command Prompt. If I type in "Net user administrator /active:yes" at the system32 prompt, I get a confirmation of action but when I reboot...