Windows 10: Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

Discus and support Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheGranFan04, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am frequently greeted with a black screen, and have to manually open explorer.exe via the task manager, and even after that, it may still crash up to a dozen times before it's stable. The sound drivers do load, but only after five or so minutes after explorer has stabilized.

When another user attempts to sign in with his Microsoft account (I use a local account), he is confronted with a error message saying that the PC could not connect with the SENS service or PRFSVC servers.

I have tried the System File Checker on an elevated Command Prompt, DISM.exe, Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} on an instance of Administrator Powershell, and have only seen results from the first run of sfc /scannow.

:)

TheGranFan04, Aug 14, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Aug 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

1. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating - Similar Threads - Loss Apps Instability

2. Instability Due to Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instability Due to Updates: Hi Every time there is a Windows 10 Update I experience some form of instability By the time it takes to complete surely they are not updates but re installs some times it takes as long as 60 min I think the problem is trying to use the same program for Phones and &...
  3. Loss of click control on all but focused app.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loss of click control on all but focused app.: Winver 2004 (OS Build 19041.6.30) Ive been having the problem above for a couple of weeks now. It's annoying because while I'm working I often need a web browser open for ready reference on a separate monitor. Working on my main app for 10 mins and then clicking on the web...
  4. All Netflix downloads lost after power loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Netflix downloads lost after power loss: Hi, I had a number of downloaded movies, TV shows and series on my Windows 10 Laptop from Netflix to watch later in "Offline" mode. I started a downloaded movie with internet connection enabled and movie was sitting ready to start when my laptop "crashed" as a result of...
  5. Data loss after Windows10 Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss after Windows10 Update?: Hello, community, I still have Windows 7 on my laptop (year 2015) I am aware that I can update to Win10 for free. However, I am still concerned about the question of whether my data will be lost? Does everything remain the same (desktop/own files ect pp) after the update?...
  6. instability of pc after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    instability of pc after 2004 update: I recently updated my pc to the 2004 version of windows 10. unfortunately after the update, the cooling fans are running continuously, despite upgrading and installing the manufacturer drivers. The other problem is that when the pc goes to sleep mode, once I wake it up, the...
  7. Loss of everything after update

Loss of everything after update: I have just proceeded with an advertised update to my laptop and have eventually been presented with a pop up window that says I’m “signed in with a temporary profile; you can’t access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this...
  8. Instability since update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Instability since update: hey guys, new to the forum. i am running win 10 home build 1809. system just did the latest feature update. and ever since the system has been unstable. mainly running chrome or waking up form sleep. i've noticed the screen takes over a minute to wake up after the pc turns...
  9. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

Loss of apps after Windows 10 update: i have a 70 year old client running Windows 10 at my suggestion. Last night she noticed some changes were happening to her Windows10 software. A question was being asked and she indicated “ yes”. she has now lost her email app, her security app, banking app and more....
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loss of apps after windows update