Windows 10: Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Loss of apps after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a 70 year old client running Windows 10 at my suggestion. Last night she noticed some changes were happening to her Windows10 software. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keithaicxb57u, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

i have a 70 year old client running Windows 10 at my suggestion.

Last night she noticed some changes were happening to her Windows10 software.

A question was being asked and she indicated “ yes”.

she has now lost her email app, her security app, banking app and more.

This is a vunerable old lady who cannot now communicate with family friends

or others.

She lives alone, and I have to attempt to get this all back.

HOW DO I DO IT FOR HER SIMPLY AND QUICKLY PLEASE.

:)

Keithaicxb57u, Nov 6, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

1. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Loss apps update

2. Possible data loss after windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible data loss after windows 10 update?: Hi there, I currently use a Lenovo laptop and had a windows 10 update last friday. Afterwards I noticed that the data in my local Drive C:/ changed. It had 10GB remaining before the update, and went up to 50GB after the update which means that 40GB of data was deleted. Should...
  3. Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?

Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?: I seem to have a problem others have had in past years. I've been using WINAMP to play sounds for decades. Now, when I use it to try to play an mp3, I get the error message: BadDirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. I...
  4. Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update

Loss of sound on PC after Windows 10 update: Wonder if anyone can help ? After a recent auto update all sound was lost on my PC. I have tried to fix it loads of ways, using all the troubleshoot systems which did not help at all. I have updated all the audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them. The computer tells...
  5. Loss of everything after update

Loss of everything after update: I have just proceeded with an advertised update to my laptop and have eventually been presented with a pop up window that says I’m “signed in with a temporary profile; you can’t access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this...
  6. Loss of function after Windows 10 update

Loss of function after Windows 10 update: A Windows 7 Computer is no longer accessible through the home Ethernet after a Windows 10 update. Folder residing on Windows 7 computer has been maintained from a Lenovo Y410p laptop Windows 10 version 1903, now can no longer be found from Office 365 Word history link...
  7. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of sound after Windows 10 update: I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-windows-10-update/4c8f4bce-3058-4c7c-b619-7ef0be798b5c
  8. Intermittent loss of internet after 1809 update (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent loss of internet after 1809 update (Windows 10): Hello every .. So i recently updated to 1809 version of Windows 10 .. And from the first startup i started confronting an issue with the internet on both wifi and cable .. In a minute am connected normally to the internet and in another minute the net cuts off .. Eventhoug...
  9. Loss of yellow after an update others as well windows 10

Loss of yellow after an update others as well windows 10: I suffered the update that has caused problems, mine was printer not being sent to correctly, and colours were all wrong. When yellow is called for, I get pink. No yellow, just pink. The machine is now basically off line until Jan 7 at gmt 11;00 when the escalations are to...
  10. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating: I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am...