Windows 10: Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020

Discus and support Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest update installed, my computer lost the audio from the motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. It uses Realtek and Nahimic drivers. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrispy1950, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020

After the latest update installed, my computer lost the audio from the motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

It uses Realtek and Nahimic drivers.

I unistalled the drivers and reinsyalled the latest drivers, all to no avail. No sound.

Windows keep sayin there are no speakers plugged in.

I checked and everything is plugged in and powered up.

Running troubleshooter does not help at all.

I tried to do a restore for a couple of different dates, but Windows gives an error and nothing gets restored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Chrispy1950, Apr 5, 2020

2. April 2020 update

Hi i was wondering if microsoft is gonna release the april 2020 update in april or may?

Clayton Green, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Sound loss

Hi Linda,

In most cases, you may experience a sound loss if its audio driver is incompatible with the installed latest Windows version. For us isolate the issue, we suggest that you update the device's audio driver by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020

1. Loss of Audio after update April 5, 2020 - Similar Threads - Loss Audio update

2. Loss of elevator control after update 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of elevator control after update 5: Since update 5 I have lost elevator control. Cessna 172 and 150 are unflyable. They won't lift of the ground till eighty plus knots. And go to flare on landing, nothing happens, then the nose drops and its all over. Is anybody else having this problem? I waited for update 6...
  3. Outlook Update April 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Update April 2020: Hi We have recently had a number of users updating to the latest version of Outlook 365 version 2003 build 12624.204.66 Several users are reporting problems that Outlook fails to load one the update is complete. We have tried to uninstall 365 suite and reinstall but as...
  4. files and photos removed after update April 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    files and photos removed after update April 2020: Hi I switched on my laptop today and noticed that all my saved settings - screenshots, saved bookmarks on webbrowsers, photos and documents have gone. I have found my documents and photos in C drive under User/User which is a relief but I can't transfer them to the...
  5. Cumulative update - April 21 2020

Cumulative update - April 21 2020: hi all: Here is the link to the latest information on the latest cumulative update for 1903 & 1909. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4550945 There are many fixes to issues, mostly for 1903....
  6. Update on 18 April 2020

Update on 18 April 2020: Hello Guys I hope you all are doing good. I lost all downloaded data and desktop data after installing update on 18 April 2020. Have you face such kind of problem? How can Backup all data. Thank you...
  7. BSOD after update on 17 April 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update on 17 April 2020: Have had a few BSOD problems for last month after windows updates. A hard reset helped for a bit...but after 17th April I cant get past BSOD. Now just get blurred login screen. Various errors, like: Page fault in non paged area Kernel security check failure System...
  8. Microsoft April 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft April 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes April 2020 Security Updates Release Date: April 14, 2020 The April 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  9. April 2020 update

April 2020 update: Hi i was wondering if microsoft is gonna release the april 2020 update in april or may? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/april-2020-update/6216033f-015e-45b2-9fbb-7411cb9dbb5c
  10. No audio on laptop after April update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on laptop after April update: My laptop updated overnight Windows doesn't detect any audio device since. Internal speakers or plugged in headphones don't work, instead showing a "no speakers or headphones connected" bubble. I used Windows HD audio drivers on previous builds, and they worked just fine. Now...