Windows 10: Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2

Discus and support Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since downloading the 20H2 update I have lost all audio on my HP Envy laptop. HP have spent 6 hours of remote assistance to no avail. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jennie M, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Jennie M Win User

Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2

Since downloading the 20H2 update I have lost all audio on my HP Envy laptop. HP have spent 6 hours of remote assistance to no avail. The troubleshooter cannot find the problem. Drivers have been uninstalled, re-installed and updated but still no audio. HP suggest I backup all data and reset to factory settings. The laptop is only 14 months old and this seems a drastic action. Audio was fine before the update and reappears when I rollback to the 1909 version. Any help most welcome please."

:)

Jennie M, Apr 10, 2021

2. Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works.

I see a hardware device listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" and I assume that is the audio. I have updated all drivers, especially the dock audio driver to no avail. I tried updating the
    laptop BIOS and drivers and saw no change. I have also verified that the dock firmware is up-to-date.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions?

I am running the 64-bit Intel version of Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise.

Hunter French, Apr 10, 2021
  3. A-V Carl Win User
    HP ENVY audio

Any answers yet on no audio from speakers, jacks and internal microphone??? I have the HP ENVY 17t-3200 CTO the only way I can get audio in or out is with a USB to 3.5mm jack device. This problem started after the July 2016 win-10 update. I have tried
    all listed fixes nothing worked. Seem like thousands of people out there have some variation of of this problem.

A-V Carl, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Loss audio Envy

2. No audio device installed on hp Envy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device installed on hp Envy: I have a hp envy laptop . I updated to Windows 11 again after none of my apps would open. Now somehow my speaker icon has x thru it. I have troubleshooted and when I looked at the details it said Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services must be running maybe...
  3. No audio device installed on hp Envy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device installed on hp Envy: I have a hp envy laptop . I updated to Windows 11 again after none of my apps would open. Now somehow my speaker icon has x thru it. I have troubleshooted and when I looked at the details it said Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services must be running maybe...
  4. audio completely out on hp envy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio completely out on hp envy: The sound on my brand new laptop HP Envy is not working. I purchased it today and it has never worked. I have done every single suggestion that Microsoft suggested, I watched multiple Youtube videos- there has been absolutely nothing that has helped me, I am about ready to...
  5. Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2

Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2: I have an HP Envy laptop with Banf & Olusen sound. It has always worked well until the 20H2 update, after which there is no sound and the audio input and output systems are shown as "not present". Rolling back the update to the previous version 1909 restores the sound. HP...
  6. Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update

Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update: Running a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, latest 20H2 and security updates just came through this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few...
  7. Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works. I see a hardware device listed as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" and I assume that is the audio. I have...
  8. Audio missing in HP Envy

Audio missing in HP Envy: Lost Audio in Windows 10! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-missing-in-hp-envy/462c6980-fa56-49ac-8087-71b479869bf9
  9. hp envy laptop won't power on after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp envy laptop won't power on after update: My company hp envy laptop wont power on at all after the last windows 10 update. Have done all the suggestions. Checked power cord, held power button in for 15 seconds(several times). Laptop was updating and taking forever. Went to bed when it was at 27%. Kept it plugged...
  10. HP ENVY 23-m210d audio gone after latest window update

HP ENVY 23-m210d audio gone after latest window update: HI, I did a latest window 10 update for my HP ENVY 23-m210d and my audio is gone. (normal consumer window 10 version) I had found out that in device manager, my "sound, video, game controller" is gone and there is an error Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus Driver...