Windows 10: Loss of audio

Discus and support Loss of audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop keeps losing its audio output device. How can I fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaPortwood, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Loss of audio

Hello, my laptop keeps losing its audio output device. How can I fix this issue?

:)

LisaPortwood, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Sound loss

Hi Linda,

In most cases, you may experience a sound loss if its audio driver is incompatible with the installed latest Windows version. For us isolate the issue, we suggest that you update the device's audio driver by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Eric941 Win User

Loss of audio

Loss of audio

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried all the steps, but the problem is still there.

• Let us know the make and model of your PC

custom built with Asus Z79-A motherboard

• Also tell us the hardware ID and driver version of your audio device

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1043860B&REV_1003

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1043860B

• Try to play a Test Tone and let us know if it worked

I get the error "Failed to play test tone."

• Capture a screenshot of your “Sound, video, and game controller” tab in Device Manager

Loss of audio f5431502-3455-4b71-84a1-6fb818df51a6.png

• Check to see if your device is trying to play audio by noting whether green volume bars are
      present in the Sound Control Panel

No green bars

Eric941, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Loss of audio

1. Loss of audio - Similar Threads - Loss audio

2. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  3. Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HDMI audio loss after sleep.: Hi everyone,I have a 2070 super connected to an LG CX. If I switch off the TV and send the PC to sleep, it will wake up without HDMI audio.It is really annoying. Solve this, apparently it is several years this problem exists and it does happen with every type of hardware....
  4. Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...: Like many I have noticed who have in the past been able to make and record music using various software tools eg Reason, Magix and the like, it has been possible to allow for simultaneous, latency free, monitoring of line-in recording eg when playing or singing along to music...
  5. Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...

Real Time Audio Monitoring without latency in W11 - loss of control available in W10 to...: Like many I have noticed who have in the past been able to make and record music using various software tools eg Reason, Magix and the like, it has been possible to allow for simultaneous, latency free, monitoring of line-in recording eg when playing or singing along to music...
  6. how can I fix loss of audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I fix loss of audio: I lost my audio need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-loss-of-audio/9fb43925-b89c-4781-8b82-9796f00a1111
  7. how can I fix loss of audio

how can I fix loss of audio: I lost my audio need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-loss-of-audio/9fb43925-b89c-4781-8b82-9796f00a1111
  8. randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...

randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...: While gaming sometime 30s sometimes 10m in i will loose singal to monitor pc will still run keyboard and mouse will not disconnect, audio can still be heard,forced to turn off psu and restart to fix, been happening for a while, happens with apex legends, cod any first person...
  9. randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    randon loss of signal while gaming sometimes with continued audio pc stays on but...: While gaming sometime 30s sometimes 10m in i will loose singal to monitor pc will still run keyboard and mouse will not disconnect, audio can still be heard,forced to turn off psu and restart to fix, been happening for a while, happens with apex legends, cod any first person...
  10. Loss of headphones' audio overnight

Loss of headphones' audio overnight: Hello, I am currently using a 2021 Lenovo Legion 5, my headphones have just lost sound after going out of sleep mode overnight. -My laptop still detects the headphones and the equalizer bar still rises when I play an application with sound.-Both my laptop speaker and external...