Windows 10: loss of control of curser

Discus and support loss of control of curser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having control issues due to a small target which is control my curser, The target is only located on the left margin. When laptop curser is move to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnFieseler, Jul 23, 2020.

1. loss of control of curser

Having control issues due to a small target which is control my curser, The target is only located on the left margin. When laptop curser is move to select topic in the field. it is drawn to the left margin.

:)

JohnFieseler, Jul 23, 2020

2. Curser lost control

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience with accessing the device after installing Windows 10.

I would like to inform that, these issues are due to un-updated drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps by connecting an external mouse and check if it works fine.

If the external mouse is working fine then follow the below:

Method 1:

Step 1:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and after restart enable it.

Step 2: Uninstall Mouse driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mouse.
    • Right on the Mouse driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 3: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mouse.
    • Right on the Mouse driver
      and click on Update driver software

Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to disable automatic restart on system failure. This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery, select
      Settings.

• Uncheck the option Automatic Restart under
      System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Jumping Curser and screen

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

To fix the issue with cursor, try the following method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mouse driver from device manager and check.

• Press Windows and X keys together
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing devices from the list.
    • Uninstall by right clicking on the driver.
    • Restart the system, the driver will be automatically installed.
    Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 30, 2020
  4. loss of control of curser

curser and default

Dear Sheila,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Couple of questions before we proceed.

• Which windows are you using?
    • When was the last time this was working good?
    • Does this happen all time when system restarts?

Ankur Srivastava, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

loss of control of curser

1. loss of control of curser - Similar Threads - loss control curser

2. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  3. Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of connection - Ethernet Controller: Hi, I've had my new Windows 11 PC now for about 2 months and every few days when I turn it on it loses it access to the Internet due to it claiming 'The IntelR Ethernet Controller 31225-V adapter is experiencing driver - or hardware-related problems.' If I wait a few hrs 3-4...
  4. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of mouse and keyboard control: Why don't you just fix the Windows 10 and edge problem of losing mouse and keyboard control in an update, and stop advising people to try to fix it themselves with all that command prompt horse ****?...
  5. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of mouse and keyboard control: Why don't you just fix the Windows 10 and edge problem of losing mouse and keyboard control in an update, and stop advising people to try to fix it themselves with all that command prompt horse ****?...
  6. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen with curser on launch and complete loss of all administrative privilege's.

Black screen with curser on launch and complete loss of all administrative privilege's.: After about 5 minutes desktop shows, however I cannot access any admin apps such as cmd prompt, registry editor, task manager, etc. I also cannot uninstall apps, or give any applications administrative privilages. I have restarted my system upwards of 10 times, ran antivirus...
  8. Media control icon loss.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media control icon loss.: Hi, the icon of my media control have loss. Is there anyway i can bring it back? the picture below shows my problem.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-control-icon-loss/01ea80d6-1f95-44be-a8d9-582916e27f01
  9. Loss of Brightness Control

Loss of Brightness Control: Windows 10 build 20H2 Dell Inspiron 7570 If I increase the brightness of the display using the brightness keys to reach maximum brightness, and then decrease brightness to minimum; Now if I increase the brightness once again to the maximum, it results in significantly...
  10. Loss of mouse control.

Loss of mouse control.: Anyone ever experience the problem I am having? The mouse gets pulled to the upper right corner of the screen and shuts down any webpages that are open. Its like a hand grabbing the mouse and dragging it there. Defender can find no viruses, System File Checker finds no...