Windows 10: Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Discus and support Loss of data upon saving file or downloading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GirbDev, Nov 29, 2018.

1. GirbDev Win User

Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated.

If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get the same issue. The strange thing is, I have factory reset the laptop and only downloaded FileZilla to see if the same issue occurs, it does.

Laptop - Dell G3 15 - 3579 (Refurbish)

Any help will be appreciated,

Many thanks

:)

GirbDev, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 29, 2018
  3. mjean1 Win User
    There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Program data files not saving

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

1. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading - Similar Threads - Loss data upon

2. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  3. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  4. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  6. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  7. data loss

data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  8. File and Data Loss

File and Data Loss: Hello, recently I tried to move disk storage space from one disk to another using several programs, but nothing worked so I gave up. But for some reason I realized that my disc space was freeing up without me doin anything. I have Norton antivirus, but it said there are no...
  9. Data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data loss: My pc keeps losing it data and i dont know why do you think i need a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/30dd6610-a132-4f58-981e-760aa20451ef
  10. Data loss

Data loss: I really need help my pc keeps loosing all of its data and i have to reinstall windows again and again and i don’t know the problem this is the 5th time its happened it only happens when i restart my pc its not every time only some times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File History stopped saving my files back in May 2018