Windows 10: Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Discus and support Loss of data upon saving file or downloading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GirbDev, Nov 29, 2018.

1. GirbDev Win User

Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated.

If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get the same issue. The strange thing is, I have factory reset the laptop and only downloaded FileZilla to see if the same issue occurs, it does.

Laptop - Dell G3 15 - 3579 (Refurbish)

Any help will be appreciated,

Many thanks

:)

GirbDev, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 29, 2018
  3. mjean1 Win User
    There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

Program data files not saving

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

1. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading - Similar Threads - Loss data upon

2. 1809 update Data Loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 update Data Loss: Perhaps my observations on the SB2 15", win 10, 1809 (!!!) can help with solving the "data loss problems with the update. 1 I have had no data loss or other hiccups with the update. 2 I had redirected the folders "pictures", "music", "videos" (but not "documents") from my...
  3. Loss of data with Windows Live Mail

Loss of data with Windows Live Mail: Recently, there was a power outage and after startup, Windows Live Mail did not have any emails and the contact list was lost. I have found the emails in one of the Storage Folders and I assume I can just move them back into the main mail folder (all folders in...
  4. loss of data after installing Windows 10

loss of data after installing Windows 10: I recently installed Windows 10 on my PC which had been using Windows 7. I expected all the data and programs to migrate with the installation. The result was that all the programs made it, but all data is lost, and I am trying to get the data back from my Carbonite backup....
  5. Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minimise data loss during SDD repartitioning: Hi I've got W10 Home and a 256GB SSD in a Lenovo Yoga2Pro laptop. When I first got the machine, I repartitioned the SDD into C: 90GB (OS) and D: 132GB (Userdata) (plus a few necessary OEM/Recovery partitions (more) ). [img] The C: partition is becoming too small for...
  6. Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading a torrent file, SAVING it is not possible in Win10: I use torrents for legal things I don't like when downloading the torrent for it to open only apps but prefer Win 10 would SAVE the file until I can check it out. Win 7 had this ability; BUT WIN 10 SEEMS not to have that capability. After cleaning out ALL OF TORRENT apps...
  7. Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data files not saving correctly [File names but zero byte files]: I have a problem with a program not saving preset data. Possibly due to harlink extenstion with only one piece of software. I use symbolic hardlinks on my system but I do not know if the following has any bearing on the issue with the software I am using. The software...
  8. File History Backup Won't Save any data

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup Won't Save any data: After upgrading my laptop to Win 10 I found File History and activated it. Seemed to be working fine until 8/15 when the backups stopped. Tried to get it to backup further but, no way so after trouble shooting without success I deleted the back up data from the external drive...
  9. Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.: Hello I recently upgraded my dual boot PC to Win 10 Creators edition (both 32 bit & 64 bit installations) - these share access to a data partition. Some files I downloaded in the past few days will not let me open them & give the attached error message. This is very...
  10. Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Unifying Data Loss Prevention in Office 365: All organizations, regardless of size and industry, have data that they consider sensitive. Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is an important capability for protecting this information from getting into the wrong hands. We are always looking to enhance the DLP solution in Office 365...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File History stopped saving my files back in May 2018