Windows 10: Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message

Discus and support Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. Since a recent update, I have lost desktop shortcuts and Edge bookmarks, and get this message when I log in. Otherwise I seem to be able to use... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jon_NZ, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Jon_NZ Win User

Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message

Hi. Since a recent update, I have lost desktop shortcuts and Edge bookmarks, and get this message when I log in. Otherwise I seem to be able to use the computer. Irritating though. Any solution?

Cheers Jon

Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message 608b2fc6-ee87-4199-9a82-291e13d49340?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jon_NZ, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    bookmarks toolbar

To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Can you describe to us what happen when you add a bookmark?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you provide us a screenshot of it?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 22, 2019
  4. EFTaylor Win User

Deleting old bookmarks

I have bookmarks dating back to Windows 98. Is there a program, or command to find and delete dead individual bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11? I ran AM-DeadLink and it listed 400 dead links, but it no longer has a delete function. Thanks for any suggestions.

ET

EFTaylor, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message - Similar Threads - Loss desktop bookmarks

2. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bookmarks: Where are my bookmarks stored and how do Isave them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/e4ae1d3c-7fda-4068-b478-2bbc610e8341
  3. Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bookmarks: I have EDGE on PC and recently on android. I have turned sync ON, but android EDGE does not show my PC EDGE bookmarks. Is there a way or should I use CHROME instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bookmarks/3b2be22f-2e36-4243-ad5f-46a9dca34909
  4. bookmarks

in Windows 10 Customization
    bookmarks: My bookmark file folders have disappeared. I use these a great deal and do not want to lose all the information I have collected over 10+ years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
  5. I loss my bookmarks , history , stored passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I loss my bookmarks , history , stored passwords: hey guys pls help me as fast as u can because I realy dont know what to do ) important data dissolved in the air after some kind of virus on my computer. all the easy way I was Try and no one help me . may be u kniw some interesting ways and someone have simular problem...
  6. Loss of desktop icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of desktop icons: Something happened to my desktop icons when I replugged my speaker system. I lost all my desktop icons. What replaced my icons on the desktop were all the apps that use to be stored on the Microsoft icon located at the bottom left of my screen. I have read all the threads...
  7. Loss of Desktop

Loss of Desktop: When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible to one side. I can still open my emails but only with a full screen option. My desktop no longer appears as a number of icons....
  8. Loss of desktop and much more!

Loss of desktop and much more!: I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems - I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and...
  9. 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop: This morning I noticed three Firefox saved pages that looked like this -- [img] -- except that had different titles. One was perhaps a page I saved over 9 months ago, one was of a 9 to 5 Mac page I bet I didn't save, and one was a series of numbers. I'm %1000 sure I...
  10. Loss of Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Desktop shortcuts: I'm running Windows 10 Professional WinVer 1607 and use Classic Shell. Some time ago I added the folder called Desktop (which contained all my Desktop shortcuts) to my "My Drive" folder. When I recently deleted it from there, all my desktop shortcuts bar two disappeared. I...