Windows 10: Loss of desktop and much more!

Discus and support Loss of desktop and much more! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryGoodison, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Loss of desktop and much more!

I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems -

I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and been replaced by a limited number of tiles across the screen. (including desktop which leads to windows explorer). The left margin of the screen has 5 icons at the bottom for documents, settings etc. and 3 at the top for expand, tiles, all apps (which shows a magnified list across the screen, not a start menu type list.

Other problems -

Cannot Run as administrator (right click gives undo etc. menu).

Left click start returns to tiled desktop

All windows are maximised, resize is not available, minimize in some programs, not all.

Rt click start and then desktop gives nothing from program windows, did give blank screen from tiles desktop (has just given a faded, none functioning version of the original iconed desktop!).

There seem to be several other problems with left and right click not functioning properly

Any help to get everything back to normal much appreciated

:)

TerryGoodison, Feb 25, 2019

2. Loss of Internet connection due to Flight mode on desktop with no WiFi

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 25, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 25, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Loss of desktop and much more!

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Loss of desktop and much more!

1. Loss of desktop and much more! - Similar Threads - Loss desktop much

2. loss of computer internal audio on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of computer internal audio on desktop: Hello, I recently upgraded a Dell Optiplex 780 from Win7 to Win10 Pro, build 18363. The internal speaker on the desktop used to have audio and now doesn't. If I attach headphones or external speakers, audio plays fine on the external devices. After much research, it appears...
  3. AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE

AVIRA and Constant whining to upgrade AND SO MUCH MORE: Is AVIRA a part of Win10? I keep getting "notifications" that I have 8 updates to do; then when I try to do it, that pos AVIRA keeps demanding that I buy an "upgrade" to a paid version....is this a scammer or just more typical microsoft??? There really isn't a proper...
  4. Loss of desktop icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of desktop icons: Something happened to my desktop icons when I replugged my speaker system. I lost all my desktop icons. What replaced my icons on the desktop were all the apps that use to be stored on the Microsoft icon located at the bottom left of my screen. I have read all the threads...
  5. Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message: Hi. Since a recent update, I have lost desktop shortcuts and Edge bookmarks, and get this message when I log in. Otherwise I seem to be able to use the computer. Irritating though. Any solution? Cheers Jon [ATTACH]...
  6. Loss of Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Desktop: When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible to one side. I can still open my emails but only with a full screen option. My desktop no longer appears as a number of icons....
  7. Is winpro so much more than win10 home?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is winpro so much more than win10 home?: Simply being able to control updates somewhat, what are the other advantages to upgrading to PROFESSIONAL version? All previous versions were substantially different and I did use the pro versions. Do I want to give M$ another $100? Thank You Don 126469
  8. Loss of tles/icons on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of tles/icons on my desktop: When I switch on my pc my desktop appears with all tiles/icons on the screen and after only 1 or 2 seconds the screen dims and the tiles/icons all disappear and do not return. This means that I am unable to access my printer to do scans. This problem does not affect the...
  9. Fan is making more much sound ( nonsense )

Fan is making more much sound ( nonsense ): I am facing the issue that my laptop's fan start giving nonsense voice what to call it I do not know what properly ask . but the issue running with fan voice from two day how can I fix it ?...
  10. Loss of Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Desktop shortcuts: I'm running Windows 10 Professional WinVer 1607 and use Classic Shell. Some time ago I added the folder called Desktop (which contained all my Desktop shortcuts) to my "My Drive" folder. When I recently deleted it from there, all my desktop shortcuts bar two disappeared. I...