Windows 10: Loss of desktop icons

Discus and support Loss of desktop icons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something happened to my desktop icons when I replugged my speaker system. I lost all my desktop icons. What replaced my icons on the desktop were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CathyMiller5, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Loss of desktop icons

Something happened to my desktop icons when I replugged my speaker system. I lost all my desktop icons. What replaced my icons on the desktop were all the apps that use to be stored on the Microsoft icon located at the bottom left of my screen. I have read all the threads in regard to this problem and have tried everything to get them back. I have tried to go to the command prompt through run and it won't even recognize me as administrator. In order to do anything I have to work my way through various screens just to get to any controls. Even when I hit the search button, it won't let me search the computer.

I am at my wits end and may need some outside help but having some confidential financial info on my computer, I don't trust anyone to work on it.

:)

CathyMiller5, Nov 11, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Loss of desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Loss of desktop icons

1. Loss of desktop icons - Similar Threads - Loss desktop icons

2. Media control icon loss.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media control icon loss.: Hi, the icon of my media control have loss. Is there anyway i can bring it back? the picture below shows my problem.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-control-icon-loss/01ea80d6-1f95-44be-a8d9-582916e27f01
  3. loss of computer internal audio on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of computer internal audio on desktop: Hello, I recently upgraded a Dell Optiplex 780 from Win7 to Win10 Pro, build 18363. The internal speaker on the desktop used to have audio and now doesn't. If I attach headphones or external speakers, audio plays fine on the external devices. After much research, it appears...
  4. Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message: Hi. Since a recent update, I have lost desktop shortcuts and Edge bookmarks, and get this message when I log in. Otherwise I seem to be able to use the computer. Irritating though. Any solution? Cheers Jon [ATTACH]...
  5. Loss of Desktop

Loss of Desktop: When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible to one side. I can still open my emails but only with a full screen option. My desktop no longer appears as a number of icons....
  6. Loss of desktop and much more!

Loss of desktop and much more!: I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems - I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and...
  7. Loss of tles/icons on my desktop

Loss of tles/icons on my desktop: When I switch on my pc my desktop appears with all tiles/icons on the screen and after only 1 or 2 seconds the screen dims and the tiles/icons all disappear and do not return. This means that I am unable to access my printer to do scans. This problem does not affect the...
  8. Loss of Scan Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of Scan Icon: I have lost my Scan Icon. I am using Windows 10 and have an Epson Stylus DX4450 printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-scan-icon/5d2a7803-e0cb-43cb-b4bb-6799dd3df3be
  9. Loss of Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Desktop shortcuts: I'm running Windows 10 Professional WinVer 1607 and use Classic Shell. Some time ago I added the folder called Desktop (which contained all my Desktop shortcuts) to my "My Drive" folder. When I recently deleted it from there, all my desktop shortcuts bar two disappeared. I...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511