Windows 10: Loss of Desktop

Discus and support Loss of Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidWalkerWD, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Loss of Desktop

When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible to one side. I can still open my emails but only with a full screen option. My desktop no longer appears as a number of icons. I can't understand what has caused the change or how to restore it to the previous configuration.

David

:)

DavidWalkerWD, Jul 29, 2019

2. Loss of Internet connection due to Flight mode on desktop with no WiFi

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 29, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 29, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Loss of Desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Loss of Desktop

1. Loss of Desktop - Similar Threads - Loss Desktop

2. Experiencing lag and pocket loss in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing lag and pocket loss in my Desktop: Keeps experiencing this issue for the past 2 weeks. I have wired connection and a desktop so it suppose to be stable connection but not. I contacted my network provider but there is no problem on their end....
  3. Experiencing lag and pocket loss in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing lag and pocket loss in my Desktop: Keeps experiencing this issue for the past 2 weeks. I have wired connection and a desktop so it suppose to be stable connection but not. I contacted my network provider but there is no problem on their end....
  4. Experiencing lag and pocket loss in my Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Loss of Sound in My ASUS Desktop Computer using Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of Sound in My ASUS Desktop Computer using Microsoft Windows 10: No sound coming from my ASUS desktop computer using Microsoft Windows 10. How do I fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-in-my-asus-desktop-computer-using/327080ba-c125-459e-81e1-82f37ec5e7b1
  6. loss of computer internal audio on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of computer internal audio on desktop: Hello, I recently upgraded a Dell Optiplex 780 from Win7 to Win10 Pro, build 18363. The internal speaker on the desktop used to have audio and now doesn't. If I attach headphones or external speakers, audio plays fine on the external devices. After much research, it appears...
  7. Random restart; loss of desktop and access to files without using Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restart; loss of desktop and access to files without using Explorer: Win 10 PC: randomly shuts down and restarts. I unchecked restart, but that never worked. PC closed during optional Win update. On starting, I get new desktop. Am able to get to my previous configuration via Explorer. Cannot get my previous desktop. Every time it shuts and...
  8. Loss of desktop icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of desktop icons: Something happened to my desktop icons when I replugged my speaker system. I lost all my desktop icons. What replaced my icons on the desktop were all the apps that use to be stored on the Microsoft icon located at the bottom left of my screen. I have read all the threads...
  9. Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Loss of desktop and bookmarks with message: Hi. Since a recent update, I have lost desktop shortcuts and Edge bookmarks, and get this message when I log in. Otherwise I seem to be able to use the computer. Irritating though. Any solution? Cheers Jon [ATTACH]...
  10. Loss of desktop and much more!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of desktop and much more!: I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems - I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lose of desktop