Windows 10: Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update

Discus and support Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated the audio driver for my mobo off of their site and afterwards my pc can no longer get a signal from a DP connection the monitor works fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blaze8n, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update

I updated the audio driver for my mobo off of their site and afterwards my pc can no longer get a signal from a DP connection the monitor works fine on another PC. I've tried different DP cables, different GPUs, DDUed my graphics and audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and video devices in device manager. I don't know what to try now aside from reinstalling windows which I really don't want to deal with at this time.

submitted by /u/blaze8n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blaze8n, Jan 29, 2020

2. Loss of audio device/driver

Hi Malcolm,

The red X icon that you can see on the system tray may be caused by a hardware issue and the speakers are not working or in most of the cases there is a software malfunction after an update of the operating system due to the fact that not all the drivers
    you had are compatible with the new Windows 10. We suggest that you try to connect another speaker and see if the same issue will occur. If the issue persists, you may run hardware and devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Lastly, you may also go to the device manufacturer's website to update the driver.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Problem with my audio driver and scroll function

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to Update the Audio as well as mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
      uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:
    • Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Jonatino Win User

Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update

1. Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update - Similar Threads - Loss display port

2. loss of admin privileges after drivers update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    loss of admin privileges after drivers update: I recently updated my drivers about a month ago and since then I've been having admin issues such as my laptop saying I have no permission to edit this file, or to save things to this folder, etc and my microsoft sway keeps having issues on my school lms website; for instance...
  3. loss of admin privileges after drivers update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    loss of admin privileges after drivers update: I recently updated my drivers about a month ago and since then I've been having admin issues such as my laptop saying I have no permission to edit this file, or to save things to this folder, etc and my microsoft sway keeps having issues on my school lms website; for instance...
  4. Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update: The latest security updates and 21H1 arrived this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM Bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few seconds and then back to paired, if I click...
  5. Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update: The latest security updates and 21H1 arrived this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM Bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few seconds and then back to paired, if I click...
  6. Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2

Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2: Since downloading the 20H2 update I have lost all audio on my HP Envy laptop. HP have spent 6 hours of remote assistance to no avail. The troubleshooter cannot find the problem. Drivers have been uninstalled, re-installed and updated but still no audio. HP suggest I backup...
  8. Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update

Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update: Running a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, latest 20H2 and security updates just came through this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few...
  9. Loss of function after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of function after Windows 10 update: A Windows 7 Computer is no longer accessible through the home Ethernet after a Windows 10 update. Folder residing on Windows 7 computer has been maintained from a Lenovo Y410p laptop Windows 10 version 1903, now can no longer be found from Office 365 Word history link...
  10. Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function

Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function: I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread on the right part of the board but here goes. Currently I am experiencing a weird audio/video playback that that seems to cascade into game executable not being able to open (process will appear, but use minimal system resources)....