Windows 10: Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed

Discus and support Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot access any of my pictures or documents on my HP home computer after the Windows 10 update/install. The file folders for the documents and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MIRIAMWEISER, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed

I cannot access any of my pictures or documents on my HP home computer after the Windows 10 update/install. The file folders for the documents and pictures are listed, but they are empty. I was using Office 2007; is this the reason?

:)

MIRIAMWEISER, Dec 4, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed

Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed

1. Loss of Documents and Pictures after Windows 10 installed - Similar Threads - Loss Documents Pictures

2. Windows reset and loss of personal documents..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows reset and loss of personal documents..: Reinstalling Windows anew early this month, My DOCUMENT folder's subfolders vanished, including many Excel files etc, although I had chosen to keep my documents and folders before reistalling Windows.. Can I get them back please?...
  3. Windows reset and loss of personal documents..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset and loss of personal documents..: Reinstalling Windows anew early this month, My DOCUMENT folder's subfolders vanished, including many Excel files etc, although I had chosen to keep my documents and folders before reistalling Windows.. Can I get them back please?...
  4. Windows reset and loss of personal documents..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple documents, pictures and music folders after fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple documents, pictures and music folders after fresh windows 10 install: Hi, I had to reinstall windows 10 due to a dead SSD and I had all my documents saved on a separate hard drive. I manually moved the documents, music and pictures folder to the separate hard drive and had that be the default location for those folders. These folders were...
  6. Loss of sound after installing Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of sound after installing Windows 10 2004: It may be coincidental bu, having just installed Windows 10 2004 I have lost my sound output. Is this a recorded problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-installing-windows-10-2004/ce3ff9ba-8d34-4931-9058-fbb7471fe64c
  7. Loss of documents after changing sign-on password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of documents after changing sign-on password: On 04/22/2020, I changed my sign-on password. When my desktop came up, most of my icons were gone. Also, when I pulled up my files, most of my documents are missing. I tried to restore my system, but had no luck. How do I correct this?...
  8. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures: Tired of the ***** "automatic album", the impossibility to watch the album i create like regular photos and not as a stupid presentation, despered for not easily copy all the pictures on my external device, so i can finally manged my pics as i ***** want, i delete the *****...
  9. loss of data after installing Windows 10

loss of data after installing Windows 10: I recently installed Windows 10 on my PC which had been using Windows 7. I expected all the data and programs to migrate with the installation. The result was that all the programs made it, but all data is lost, and I am trying to get the data back from my Carbonite backup....
  10. Loss of files and programs after installing Windows 10

Loss of files and programs after installing Windows 10: I had many years' worth (about 12 yrs) of Family History on my Windows programme. However, after installing Windows 10, I have lost all my files including my entire Personal Ancestry File pages. I do hope there is some way I can recover these details. I have not been into...