Windows 10: Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

Discus and support Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicholas A. Fortin, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup).

Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive d7af247b-6ca9-4cdc-a392-4471d2a85194?upload=true.png

As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my Asus Laptop it had a total storage limit of 128 GB in both it and the D drive. I have not partitioned any space recently to the D drive and the last time I did so the C drive was at 108 max storage. I have tried a number of different things to fix this issue but for some reason the drive keeps getting smaller forcing me to delete more and more stuff or clear up more space despite the max only getting smaller. I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. I even removed downloaded files that I used for games (such as patches or only mod like material) to see if perhaps their was a virus in one of them and nothing came up.

Again, I'm not the most tech savvy guy but I know enough about computers to know something is not right here.

:)

Nicholas A. Fortin, Nov 20, 2018

2. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Hello-

I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!!

Ebner Family, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DLoss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

1. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive - Similar Threads - Loss Drive Storage

2. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  3. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  4. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  6. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

STORAGE IN C DRIVE: Hi , My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with antivirus no virus found and and done disk clean up but it doesn't help and also done optimisation nothing happens and storage is...
  7. Loss of C: drive Available Storage

Loss of C: drive Available Storage: Problem: On my Dell Inspiron 3250 desktop new Windows 10 with a 1TB C: drive, using File Explorer, I noticed I was losing about 20 GB of storage capacity per day. Troubleshooting: My McAfee virus software was detecting no virus. Using File Explorer, I was unable to see...
  8. Drive C storage

Drive C storage: How do I create more storagenspace in Drive C in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-storage/21e7967f-84bb-461e-b9d7-4f812b931a6b"
  9. Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage

Recovery Storage and C Drive Storage: Hello- I have a computer with 1TB on it for storage but yet everything goes to recovery and my c Drive is almost empty????? HELP!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-storage-and-c-drive-storage/1839d27f-7ca9-45b1-b2c4-cfc8aab92efe"
  10. Limit Ownership to Drive C

in Windows 10 Support
    Limit Ownership to Drive C: Hi, Is there a way to prevent Windows from taking Ownership of External Drives, and other Partition other than C: ? Thank you. 58095