Windows 10: Loss of everything after update

Discus and support Loss of everything after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just proceeded with an advertised update to my laptop and have eventually been presented with a pop up window that says I’m “signed in with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnitaVenn, May 26, 2020.

1. AnitaVenn Win User

Loss of everything after update

I have just proceeded with an advertised update to my laptop and have eventually been presented with a pop up window that says I’m “signed in with a temporary profile; you can’t access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this signing in later m; please see event log or contact system administrator.

I’ve tried signing in later and get the same result!! I now have “Driver tonic updater” window progress bar crawling across my screen.

What is going on and how to I get my laptop back please - anyone help?

:)

AnitaVenn, May 26, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Loss of everything after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 26, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, May 26, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Loss of everything after update - Similar Threads - Loss everything update

2. Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update: Bluetooth works fine until yesterday. BT toggle switch is now missing. I went to Update & Security, then Additional Trouble Shooter. Troubleshoot and find other issues, chose Bluetooth, reported "B / T radio status found" not fixed ". Tips are welcome...
  3. Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update: Bluetooth works fine until yesterday. BT toggle switch is now missing. I went to Update & Security, then Additional Trouble Shooter. Troubleshoot and find other issues, chose Bluetooth, reported "B / T radio status found" not fixed ". Tips are welcome...
  4. Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Bluetooth functionality after 21H1 update: The latest security updates and 21H1 arrived this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM Bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few seconds and then back to paired, if I click...
  5. Everything is gone after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone after update: Hey Microsoft, I`ve just updated my computer and now everything is gone. I`m a streamer, I had a lot of settings saved and files being put in place. Now everything is re-arranged without my permission on my desktop. How can I go back? The restoration point is not allowing...
  6. Data loss after Windows10 Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss after Windows10 Update?: Hello, community, I still have Windows 7 on my laptop (year 2015) I am aware that I can update to Win10 for free. However, I am still concerned about the question of whether my data will be lost? Does everything remain the same (desktop/own files ect pp) after the update?...
  7. Everything is gone after update

Everything is gone after update: I used chrome for some things and Microsoft's browser for others. As such the histories and web sites are different on each. This morning the morons at Microsoft, which is why I stopped using them all they do is screw up, updated their browser and without my permission...
  8. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of sound after Windows 10 update: I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-windows-10-update/4c8f4bce-3058-4c7c-b619-7ef0be798b5c
  9. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating: I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am...
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...