Windows 10: Loss of Excel, Word and email

Discus and support Loss of Excel, Word and email in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday morning everything came up okay and I was working on a Word document when it went away and the message was that there was no internet. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeloresShelton, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Loss of Excel, Word and email

Yesterday morning everything came up okay and I was working on a Word document when it went away and the message was that there was no internet. When I brought the computer up again and again and again, I have been unable to access any of the information I have stored on Word and excel and unable to accept my gmail account. However, there suddenly is a icon for Office. Help! I also needed to set up Google Chrome again. I will need the Excel information to do my taxes so it is important that the you correct this problem ASAP.

:)

DeloresShelton, Dec 5, 2019

2. Cannot open WORD of EXCEL email attachments

• Since switch to Windows 10 from 7 I have not been able to open Word or Excel docs that are attached to emails.
    • I get 'This file is corrupt and cannot be opened' or Word experienced an error trying to open this file'
    • I cannot save these files although jpeg files can be opened
    • I use Windows Live Mail, NHSmail (a secure NHS system) and also TalkTalk webmail for an old Tiscali address
    • I have tried DCOMCNFG procedure but this does not change any settings as they are already in the recommended setting
    • If I attach a document (Word or Excel) to my own email and then try to open the document (from the e-mail) before sending it the computer comes up with the error statements in 2 above
    • The only way around this is if I forward a received email (with attachment) to a friend who then opens the attachment and saves it to memory stick. If I then plug the stick into my computer I can open the document and save it to my computer.
    • Please help, I've already wasted a day!

ChrisGosling, Dec 5, 2019
  3. fopetesl Win User
    Excel will not use Thunderbird to email spreadsheet on Windows 10 Pro

I was trying to keep it simple, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but kind natured.
    If i could emulate what I can do thenwhen she gets twined up I can talk her step by step.

if we can't sort why Win 10 Excel won't see T-B as the main email client then we'll just have to go with your suggestion.

I should have said Win 10 pro 64 bit?

fopetesl, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Loss of Excel, Word and email

I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Loss of Excel, Word and email

1. Loss of Excel, Word and email - Similar Threads - Loss Excel Word

2. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  3. Downloading Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Word and Excel: I would like to download Word and Excel to my laptop, currently I have the basic Microsoft Office. How can I do this for free, without the added nonsense that comes with it when I go through Microsoft Store. Preferably free of course....
  4. Loss of email connection

in Browsers and Email
    Loss of email connection: After comp reset, I have lost my M'soft Hotmail address and my PNCL add. In order to re connect with PNCL, do I need to install M'soft Office 2019, so Pinnacle have a home address to connect to please and, how does one get useful support from Microsoft so I can try to get my...
  5. msointl.dll with Word and Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    msointl.dll with Word and Excel: I've tried to resolve this issue and it's not working I also tried Microsoft solution and it didn't work either. Any way to fix this? This is Office 2010. Thank you [img] [img] 139067
  6. Excel Word Highlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows green on a different monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/8b798bcd-b5a0-4bb8-b2e8-6f24b6c4c124
  7. Excel Word Highlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Word Highlight: Yellow highlight shows as green. however it prints out as yellow. also shows yellow on adifferent monitor. how do i correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-highlight/60cb53d2-2341-4366-a750-28f345a560a3
  8. computer loss pass word

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer loss pass word: why did my pass word go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-loss-pass-word/04f8a0f8-ed88-48f4-abba-eaae79f0172f"
  9. Using Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Word and Excel: I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 . I can't use Word or Excel. I can only look and print what is there! I can't edit or create new documents like I could with Windows XP. I don't really think I improved my computer if I can't use these programs. Help...
  10. WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED: I just recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now I can not find Word, Excel or any other Office applications on my computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years now, after upgrading Windows 7. This is the second time I reinstalled my windows and it's the...