Windows 10: loss of files and drives

Discus and support loss of files and drives in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sivakumar.V, Oct 5, 2021.

1. loss of files and drives

while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives?

:)

sivakumar.V, Oct 5, 2021
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

loss of files and drives

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

loss of files and drives

1. loss of files and drives - Similar Threads - loss files drives

2. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden file loss: Sudden file loss after May windows update. Slideshow background option unresponsive. Is my file structure corrupted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-file-loss/529abc34-b51e-441b-b70c-03f9c4ada01b
  3. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sudden file loss: Sudden file loss after May windows update. Slideshow background option unresponsive. Is my file structure corrupted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-file-loss/529abc34-b51e-441b-b70c-03f9c4ada01b
  4. sudden file loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. loss of files and drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    loss of files and drives: while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files-and-drives/eb18e6e0-43b8-4e4b-b1ff-b57f87c3321e
  6. File and Data Loss

File and Data Loss: Hello, recently I tried to move disk storage space from one disk to another using several programs, but nothing worked so I gave up. But for some reason I realized that my disc space was freeing up without me doin anything. I have Norton antivirus, but it said there are no...
  7. File loss after drive path change

File loss after drive path change: Changed default location of my desktop folder from my SSD to my HD and lost a whole bunch of point cloud files for Revit software with hours and hours of work sunk into them. Is there any way I can get these back? They don't seem to be anywhere unless there is some place I'm...
  8. loss of files

loss of files: I restarted my computer to update Office files. When it came on all the software files I had on my task bar and all my document files were missing. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files/4d749705-a5e1-4e98-a634-f1ed679bbc62"
  9. file loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file loss: so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my password it will show me a blue screen saying that there is an error i try a couple more times but I can't access my pc so I...
  10. Loss of Audio and Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Audio and Drive: Hi all, Since doing a "Fresh Start" on my windows 10 OS I appear to have lost all control over any audio. The audio volume control just shows a red cross and each time I select it, it just goes through the imaginary process of trying to repair the problem. The following...