Windows 10: loss of fingerprit login for Windows Hello

Discus and support loss of fingerprit login for Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have recently lost capability for using the fingerprint login on a Dell Inspirion 1.5 700 2-in-1 laptop. The PIN and password still work. Any ideas... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by msm12345, Aug 4, 2019.

1. msm12345 Win User

loss of fingerprit login for Windows Hello

I have recently lost capability for using the fingerprint login on a Dell Inspirion 1.5 700 2-in-1 laptop. The PIN and password still work. Any ideas on how to restore use of the fingerprint login?

:)

msm12345, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 4, 2019
  3. WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. loss of fingerprit login for Windows Hello - Similar Threads - loss fingerprit login

2. Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  3. Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  4. Login window Hello problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login window Hello problem: Dear Sir, Today i am successful install Linux operating system but unfortunately we not remove 4 digit pin to login to window. When I am start the window show the massage sometime happened and your pin is not available delete to set up your pin again but set up pin again not...
  5. Login window Hello problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login window Hello problem: Dear Sir, Today i am successful install Linux operating system but unfortunately we not remove 4 digit pin to login to window. When I am start the window show the massage sometime happened and your pin is not available delete to set up your pin again but set up pin again not...
  6. Login issue with Windows hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login issue with Windows hello: Hi,I’m writing after reading all the posts about, but still didn’t find a solution.Windows hello is not working anymore.I always entered with the face recognition and everything was fine.This morning it didn’t work immediately so I though to set up the pin, so, in case my...
  7. Windows Hello Face Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Login: i have an asus desktop which has an webcam so i thought windows hello face login would work but it said unavailable so i was a little dissapointed but still i wish microsoft makes it available for all laptops and desktop only face id...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....
  9. Windows hello login problem

Windows hello login problem: Is it fine if the camera didn’t turn off when I open my laptop using Windows Hello? After i restart, everything was working normally. Im still a bit un-secure when login using windows hello....
  10. Windows 10 Hello Login

Windows 10 Hello Login: Today I turned on my laptop and login via fingerprint and Windows 10 PIN would not work. The Windows 10 login would not accept any letters but did accept numbers. I was able to login using Microsoft account (both letters and numbers accepted). I went to Windows Hello setup...