Windows 10: Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Discus and support Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works. I see a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hunter French, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 on my HP EliteBook 840 G6, the audio on my USB-C connected HP ThunderBolt G2 w/audio dock no longer works.

I see a hardware device listed as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" and I assume that is the audio. I have updated all drivers, especially the dock audio driver to no avail. I tried updating the laptop BIOS and drivers and saw no change. I have also verified that the dock firmware is up-to-date.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions?

I am running the 64-bit Intel version of Windows 10 20H2 Enterprise.

:)

Hunter French, Oct 27, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Belkin Unveils Upgraded New Thunderbolt Express Dock and Thunderbolt Cable

Belkin today announced new upgrades to its upcoming Thunderbolt Express Dock, as well as a new Thunderbolt cable for both Mac and PC users. Belkin’s new Thunderbolt offerings will be on display at the Intel Exhibition Showcase, Booth M410, at Computex, June 5–9, 2012.

The Thunderbolt Express Dock is a first-of-its-kind docking solution for both PC and Mac users that enables instant access to up to nine desktop peripherals with one cable, and provides an easy transition from a desktop workstation to a mobile device. Upgrades to the latest version of the dock include the addition of three USB 3.0 ports, instead of USB 2.0 ports, as well as an eSATA port.

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade 42a_thm.jpg

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade 42b_thm.jpg

Both the dock and Belkin’s new one-meter Thunderbolt cable take advantage of Thunderbolt’s 10 gigabits-per-second, bidirectional speeds, and enable users to transfer full HD movies in 30 seconds and view online content at Gigabit Ethernet speeds. They also allow for daisy-chaining of up to six additional Thunderbolt enabled products and support high-resolution displays.

“As more hardware companies announce plans to incorporate Intel’s Thunderbolt technology into their products, we aim to create quality accessories that take advantage of Thunderbolt’s blazing fast speeds and other benefits,” said Martin Avilla, general manager of Belkin’s core business unit. “Over the past few months, we have really listed to our end users and created a one-meter cable and refined the dock to make it an even better desktop solution, which we believe will make Belkin a go-to provider for Thunderbolt accessories when they launch in the summer and fall.”

“Thunderbolt delivers unparalleled performance, flexibility, and simplicity to personal computing,” said Jason Ziller, Intel’s director of Thunderbolt marketing. “Products like Belkin’s Thunderbolt Express Dock and cable help highlight what Thunderbolt makes possible.”

Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock – $399.99
    • Instant access to up to 9 desktop devices with one cable
    • Cable-clutter-free design for a cleaner workstation
    • Compatible with both Mac and PC
    • Connectors:
      o 3 USB 3.0 ports
      o 1 FireWire 800 port
      o 1 Gigabit Ethernet port
      o 1 eSata port
      o 1 3.5mm-out port
      o 1 3.5mm-in port
      o 2 Thunderbolt ports (1 upstream, 1 downstream for daisy-chaining up to 6 additional Thunderbolt devices)
    • Includes MiniDP to HDMI Adapter
    Belkin Thunderbolt Cable (F2CD031-1M) – $44.99
    • Convenient 3ft/1m length
    • Video/Data transfer rates of up to 10Gbps bi-directionally
    • Dual channel design
    • Provides up to 10 Watts of power
    • Daisy-chaining capabilities of up to six devices
    Availability
    The Belkin Thunderbolt Cable will be available in July 2012 at select retailers worldwide and on Belkin.com. The Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock will be available worldwide in September 2012.

btarunr, Oct 27, 2020
  3. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2020
  4. ericnixmd Win User

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Dell Thunderbolt Dock

I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop, the lags disappear. The problem is so bad that the mouse and keyboard are basically unusable when plugged into the Thunderbolt dock.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with either a Dell or other brand Thunderbolt dock? Have you been able to resolve it?

ericnixmd, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

1. Loss of HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock Audio after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Loss Thunderbolt Dock

2. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  3. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  4. Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of audio on HP Envy after updating to 20H2: Since downloading the 20H2 update I have lost all audio on my HP Envy laptop. HP have spent 6 hours of remote assistance to no avail. The troubleshooter cannot find the problem. Drivers have been uninstalled, re-installed and updated but still no audio. HP suggest I backup...
  5. Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2

Loss of sound on HP Envy after updating windows to 20H2: I have an HP Envy laptop with Banf & Olusen sound. It has always worked well until the 20H2 update, after which there is no sound and the audio input and output systems are shown as "not present". Rolling back the update to the previous version 1909 restores the sound. HP...
  6. Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a

Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a: hi there, I have been checking for this issue with HP and Intel and DisplayLink and it seems it's something going on between those as well as with Windows10. So the thing is that, Windows 10's Night Light not working on HP G2 Dock usb c/a not thunderbolt when you have a...
  7. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  8. Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light on external monitor on HP G2 Dock via DisplayLink: hi, My nightlight setting does not work on external screen via HP G2 Dock on usb-c. Setting works when ext screen is connected directly to laptop. Tried this workaround How to enable night light or f.lux on DisplayLink displays on Windows DisplayLink Support How to enable...
  9. Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock: System Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9310 Fully up to date according to Windows Update and Dell SupportAssist Razer Core v2 with RTX 2070 No firmware updates available for Razer Core. Graphics driver up to date according to GeForce Experience I have been using this setup successfully...
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Dell Thunderbolt Dock: I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop,...