Windows 10: Loss of internet and acces to network settings

Discus and support Loss of internet and acces to network settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! It's been a few weeks and this problem has happened enough times to not consider it a random occurence. I'll try to keep it brief and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McCampins, May 31, 2020.

1. McCampins Win User

Loss of internet and acces to network settings

Hello everyone!

It's been a few weeks and this problem has happened enough times to not consider it a random occurence. I'll try to keep it brief and simple.

Basically at random intervals I've tried to find a pattern to no avail my wireless internet connection will go out. I've tried having other devices connected to the same wireless network, and at those times they still have internet access. The weird thing is that when I press the wifi icon on the bottom right tray, it loads for a long time, and finally shows no wifi networks availables. Not only that, if I try to open the Network Settings, the pop up window freezes and gest stuck loading. I can't access anything network related in windows 10, which makes debugging and finding out what is going wrong very hard.

If I restart the computer, the problem always gets fixed. At times, the Network Adapter Troubleshooter can find something wrong, restart the network and fix the problem as well, although most times it won't find anything wrong and will force me to eventually restart.

I've tried to reinstall drivers, repair system, change power settings, reset the network adapter through the command line, and countless things more. Nothing has worked so far. There'll be days where I get no disconnects, and others where it's a constant issue happening every half an hour or so.

Having a wired connection is not an option for me, and though it is a very general and abstract problem, I do feel like there are some aspects of it specially the fact that I can't access any type of windows 10 network settings that should hopefully sound familiar or ring a bell to some of you.

Thank you very much :

:)

McCampins, May 31, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 31, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 31, 2020
  4. Loss of internet and acces to network settings

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Loss of internet and acces to network settings

1. Loss of internet and acces to network settings - Similar Threads - Loss internet acces

2. Loss of Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  3. Loss of Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  4. Network & internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet settings: Network & internet settings opens and closes after a few seconds. The dialog box is never populated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-internet-settings/34a77412-d70e-409c-84d8-9d0819dfa1a2
  5. Network & internet settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet settings: Network & internet settings opens and closes after a few seconds. The dialog box is never populated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-internet-settings/34a77412-d70e-409c-84d8-9d0819dfa1a2
  6. Network and Internet Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network and Internet Settings: I can not find my wifi connection options?? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-and-internet-settings/4b1c225f-ed34-40ec-bfaa-0614c221f3e8
  7. Network and Internet Settings

Network and Internet Settings: I have a Dell Laptop and WiFi for internet and use Windows 10 Home. I use the Laptop on some occasions only. Previously I had no problem for accessing Internet through WiFi system. But suddenly I observed Airplane Icon on my taskbar which is not getting off. I went to...
  8. Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network & Internet settings: I have little to no knowledge about computers but anyway I have received a computer not to long ago and I'm unable to connect to the wifi all I have is the ethernet option. And what is making connection metered? I'm not sure If I should look for professional help or if I...
  9. Network Loss

Network Loss: Win 10 Home was just installed on the church computer and the 5G network does not show up. Two 2.4G networks show up and connect. Control Panel does not show the 5G, just all 2.4Gs. The 5G network is active and connects to other computers, also my cell phone connects. How do...
  10. Loss of internet for three of five network units

Loss of internet for three of five network units: I have two desktops(Windows 10), one laptop (Windows 10) and two Android tablets. One desktop and the laptop have internet access. The other desktop and the two tablets show internet connections but do not access the net. Any suggestions for a cause please? 64882