Windows 10: Loss of internet - DNS Issues

Discus and support Loss of internet - DNS Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several computers have been loosing internet. The computer diagnostic says its a DNS issue but only a restart fixes the problem. All the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeckyWilson, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Loss of internet - DNS Issues

Several computers have been loosing internet.

The computer diagnostic says its a DNS issue but only a restart fixes the problem. All the other computers will be fine during the time one is down.

It appears to be online when looking at the icon in the bottom corner of the screen but when ever you try and browser the internet it says DNS issue.

Some computers have this reoccurring issue where others have only experienced it once.

How can I fix this when it happens and how do I prevent it?

:)

TeckyWilson, Jul 29, 2019

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Loss of internet - DNS Issues [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Loss of internet - DNS Issues [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jul 29, 2019
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jul 29, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Loss of internet - DNS Issues

loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Loss of internet - DNS Issues

1. Loss of internet - DNS Issues - Similar Threads - Loss internet DNS

2. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014: All,since a few days I am struggling with occasional, non-reproducable 10-40 Seconds Internet losses.I actually robs my nerves.occasional by means of: sometimes It doesnt happen at all, all day, sometimes yesterday It happened 3-4x á 10-40 Seconds over a period of ~30 Minutes...
  3. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014: All,since a few days I am struggling with occasional, non-reproducable 10-40 Seconds Internet losses.I actually robs my nerves.occasional by means of: sometimes It doesnt happen at all, all day, sometimes yesterday It happened 3-4x á 10-40 Seconds over a period of ~30 Minutes...
  4. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet speed loss

Internet speed loss: My internet speed is supposed to be 300mbps, but when I test the speed on my desktop computer which is running Windows 10, it only go up to around 90mbps. Both on ethernet or wifi. It used to be 300mbps. When I test the internet speed using my phone, it is 300mbps alright. I...
  6. Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?

Wi-fi connected, no internet DNS issue!?: Hi. I'm facing this issue in my laptop where it connects to any wi-fi network but doesn't connect to internet. The same wi-fi network works perfectly fine on other devices. Some of the fixes I've tried but didn't work for last hour and a half: cmd: /flushdns...
  7. Internet DNS Issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet DNS Issue?: So I run normally at 10-15 MB/s for internet, but when I'm playing ANYTHING, from League of Legends to Apex Legends to Destiny 2, it runs super fine and everything is dandy until about 20-30 minutes in where I'll just disconnect from nowhere and freeze up for about 10-15...
  8. DNS issue, no internet

DNS issue, no internet: I've been running into this issue with my pc for the past couple days. I have had no internet due to a DNS issue. It was defaulted to automatic so I tried the Google DNS as well as the opendns addresses, nothing. I was, and currently am, hard wired but I also tried using...
  9. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Lenovo M 700 desktop computer; Windows 10 64 bit; NetGear N300 WiFi Router, Firefox 54.0.1 On my desktop computer, the network keeps disconnecting from the internet during periods when my browser is closed. Also, frequently when it comes out of sleep. I've had no troubles...
  10. Loss of internet connectivity

Loss of internet connectivity: I am posting this in what may be a brief window of connectivity. Last night I was unable to restore either Ethernet or Wireless connectivity in any of the ways that usually work, including a network reset. My ISP (BT, UK) told me they had a fault but later changed their mind;...