Windows 10: Loss of internet wi-fi

Discus and support Loss of internet wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomPhillips8, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Loss of internet wi-fi

I am currently Win 10 ver 1909, on an Acer laptop. I have been experiencing loss of internet. It still shows connected and secured. However, I cannot connect to a site. I have used all the self help troubleshooting available with Win 10, and the problem cannot be found. The only way I can correct the problem is to do a complete shutdown and then reboot. I tried running an ethernet cable from the router - no luck. I do have a desk top connected via wi-fi to the same router and works perfectly. Any thoughts?

:)

TomPhillips8, Apr 28, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Marivel Man, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Loss of internet wi-fi

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Loss of internet wi-fi

1. Loss of internet wi-fi - Similar Threads - Loss internet

2. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location specific loss of internet and BSOD: I use my Windows 10 64-bit HP Elitebook both at home and at work. On the work wifi, I have no connection problems whatsoever. At home the wifi consistently disconnects. Running the network diagnostic resets the wifi adapter, and then I get about 5 minutes of use before it...
  3. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location specific loss of internet and BSOD: I use my Windows 10 64-bit HP Elitebook both at home and at work. On the work wifi, I have no connection problems whatsoever. At home the wifi consistently disconnects. Running the network diagnostic resets the wifi adapter, and then I get about 5 minutes of use before it...
  4. Location specific loss of internet and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014: All,since a few days I am struggling with occasional, non-reproducable 10-40 Seconds Internet losses.I actually robs my nerves.occasional by means of: sometimes It doesnt happen at all, all day, sometimes yesterday It happened 3-4x á 10-40 Seconds over a period of ~30 Minutes...
  6. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014: All,since a few days I am struggling with occasional, non-reproducable 10-40 Seconds Internet losses.I actually robs my nerves.occasional by means of: sometimes It doesnt happen at all, all day, sometimes yesterday It happened 3-4x á 10-40 Seconds over a period of ~30 Minutes...
  7. Non-reproducable, occasional Internet Connection losses - DNS Client Events 1014

8. Everytime my Modem disconnecsts from the internet, whether through a loss of service or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime my Modem disconnecsts from the internet, whether through a loss of service or...: it says I have connection, but nothing loads; browsers wont load and apps like discord are stuck saying they have no connection. I have to flush the DNS every time for it to reconnect, or unplug and plug the Ethernet cable back in. The longest Ive gone without flushing the...
  9. Everytime my Modem disconnecsts from the internet, whether through a loss of service or...

Everytime my Modem disconnecsts from the internet, whether through a loss of service or...: it says I have connection, but nothing loads; browsers wont load and apps like discord are stuck saying they have no connection. I have to flush the DNS every time for it to reconnect, or unplug and plug the Ethernet cable back in. The longest Ive gone without flushing the...
  10. Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot

Windows 10 : PC loss internet connection after using Mobile Hotspot: Himy Windows 10 PC lost its internet connection after a mobile get connected to it using Mobile Hotspot. the mobile has internet but the PC is not having, the moment I disconnect the mobile the connection work fine on the PC.I noticed this happened after Windows 10 update, I...