Windows 10: Loss of most of my internet connection

Discus and support Loss of most of my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, In chrome - i am am getting an err_connection_timed_out on most of the pages I try to search. I've found 2 sites this doesn't apply to. other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dawn55, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Dawn55 Win User

Loss of most of my internet connection

Hi,

In chrome - i am am getting an err_connection_timed_out on most of the pages I try to search. I've found 2 sites this doesn't apply to.

other browsers (int explore and edge) - says 'can't reach page'

when I restart my machine everything works ok for 5 mins (probably a bit slower than usual) but then problem kicks in.

i don't have any anti virus except windows defender. I've scanned and no issues.

yesterday I installed a driver in an an tempt to get my printer working after w10 lost it. It didn't work. I've system restored back to pre install of the driver.

can anyone help?

:)

Dawn55, Aug 22, 2015

2. loss of internet connection

ok, I tried this today-1/9/17 and the troubleshooting advised to turn off device. I did, in the old days we called that "user fix" and people used to get upset when you did that. I received computer 7/7/14 and never had this problem before an update sometime
    in December. When I called service provider they advised me that it was an update that triggered this and to turn it off and back on. I am glad you have had no problems with "10". I have not been so lucky, in April of last year I lost all wireless capability
    (keyboard,mouse,printer) from an update, thank goodness for usb ports or I would have to buy another computer. At that time I talked to a Microsoft "engineer" for over an hour and was finally told "good Luck" with the wireless devices. Today what is unsettling
    is when you are 1. paying the bills or 2. in the middle of some other business and go down in the middle of transactions, you are helpless!!!

jameswindow10dwn, Aug 22, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    loss of internet connection

You answered James but addressed me.

I have not had any problems in the over 2 years with Windows 10'

lacrumb, Aug 22, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi Dawn55,
    Try switching DNS from the default provided by the ISP to Open dns or google dns.
    You need to change them in your router settings and Windows settings. If you need more help, let us know.

brummyfan, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Dawn55 Win User
    That seems to have done the trick.
    Your help is very much appreciated as it was getting desperate.
    Now just the other twenty Windows 10 issues to resolve - perhaps see you in another thread!

Dawn55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Loss of most of my internet connection - Similar Threads - Loss internet connection

2. My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc can't connect to the internet most of the time: At this point i feel like I've tried everything possible fix, even going as far as to reset my pc entirely.I should mention there are some times when i actually can connect to wifi, but its not super often.some things I've tried are: resetting connection settings, updating...
  3. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  4. Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Internet and/or WiFi Connectivity: I am running Windows 11 Home 64 bit with all the latest updates installed on two HP laptops.I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 5 Decos as follows:Location Model IP Address Build ReleaseMain Living Room X60 2.0 192.168.68.1 20210204 50164Apartment X60 1.0 192.168.68.51...
  5. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Have an intermittent problem whereby PC loses internet connectivity. Normally it thinks the connection is still up but no browser tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge nor Outlook can connect. Normally I can only resolve by disabling the adapter and then, after short pause of...
  6. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  7. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  8. Frequent loss of internet connectivity

Frequent loss of internet connectivity: Hi When starting my laptop fom "sleep" mode i frequently find i have lost internet connectivity. The only way to solve this is to "restart" my machine and wait for everything to load up again. Could anyone help please?...
  9. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Lenovo M 700 desktop computer; Windows 10 64 bit; NetGear N300 WiFi Router, Firefox 54.0.1 On my desktop computer, the network keeps disconnecting from the internet during periods when my browser is closed. Also, frequently when it comes out of sleep. I've had no troubles...
  10. Loss of internet connectivity

Loss of internet connectivity: I am posting this in what may be a brief window of connectivity. Last night I was unable to restore either Ethernet or Wireless connectivity in any of the ways that usually work, including a network reset. My ISP (BT, UK) told me they had a fault but later changed their mind;...