Windows 10: Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display

Discus and support Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im using a Laptop "Acer" with windows 10 and connecting to a Samsung Tizen 55 inch TV and set to Duplicate display and is using the miracast driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JEANPIERREPACE, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display

Im using a Laptop "Acer" with windows 10 and connecting to a Samsung Tizen 55 inch TV and set to Duplicate display and is using the miracast driver

Whilst browsing, after a while of successful use , - i am often loosing the mouse control on the larger Screen display . The laptop retains mouse control however proceeding any further does not duplicate the same over the wireless TV

I keep having to Disconnect from the TV - Re connect etc until the problem re appears

Why is this happening all the rime? Ive noticed other people having a similar problem with different TV and Laptop. So im assuming this is a Windows 10 issue

:)

JEANPIERREPACE, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 changes primary display to HDTV

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, select control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Adjust Resolution.

• Click on identify and check whether it is showing monitor 1 or 2.

• And Click on multiple displays.

• Select duplicate this display and check it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display

Duplicate two displays.

Hello Barry,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display

1. Loss of mouse control using Duplicate Display - Similar Threads - Loss mouse control

2. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  3. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  4. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of mouse and keyboard control: Why don't you just fix the Windows 10 and edge problem of losing mouse and keyboard control in an update, and stop advising people to try to fix it themselves with all that command prompt horse ****?...
  5. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

Loss of mouse and keyboard control: Why don't you just fix the Windows 10 and edge problem of losing mouse and keyboard control in an update, and stop advising people to try to fix it themselves with all that command prompt horse ****?...
  6. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Loss of control of mouse clicking on applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of control of mouse clicking on applications: I have had this issue for quite a while now, This occurs infrequently when I leave my laptop on standby, sometimes when I re-log in my mouse cursor stats moving on its on focusing on applications like file explorer and clicking through the files, I have never let the cursor...
  8. Loss of control of mouse clicking on applications

Loss of control of mouse clicking on applications: I have had this issue for quite a while now, This occurs infrequently when I leave my laptop on standby, sometimes when I re-log in my mouse cursor stats moving on its on focusing on applications like file explorer and clicking through the files, I have never let the cursor...
  9. Loss of control of mouse clicking on applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Loss of mouse control.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of mouse control.: Anyone ever experience the problem I am having? The mouse gets pulled to the upper right corner of the screen and shuts down any webpages that are open. Its like a hand grabbing the mouse and dragging it there. Defender can find no viruses, System File Checker finds no...