Windows 10: LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

Discus and support LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DEAR FOLKS: IT HAS CAUSED ME SO MUCH CONSTERNATION TO HAVE LOST MY HDMI PORT AND MY VGA PORT AFTER USING THE PORTS HAPPILY BEFORE DOWNLOADING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnriqueZuniga1, Mar 14, 2020.

1. LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

DEAR FOLKS:

IT HAS CAUSED ME SO MUCH CONSTERNATION TO HAVE LOST MY HDMI PORT AND MY VGA PORT

AFTER USING THE PORTS HAPPILY BEFORE DOWNLOADING WINDOWS TEN ...

I MEAN WHY WHY WHY ???

WHY WAS THIS NECESSARY ???

AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING US ???

I MEAN YOUR FIXES SIMPLY DON'T WORK ...

CAN YOU BUY ME A COMPUTER ... ???

I WANT TO SUE YOU'ALL BUT I KNOW IF I DID I COULD NEVER PREVAIL BECAUSE ALL OF THE MONEY YOU HAVE !!!

I AM A POOR DUDE TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH MY COIMPUTER AND YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS AWAY FROM

MNE WHILE YOU ALL JUST KEEP GETTING RICHER ...

THIS CIRCUMSTANCE IS COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING !!!

WILL YOU BUY A NEW COMPUTER ???

:)

EnriqueZuniga1, Mar 14, 2020

2. HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Gil deG Win User
    VGA Port Connecting to TV Screen

Hi Peter,

The VGA port on your computer is the port where your monitor is connected.

You may use a VGA to HDMI cable to connect to your TV, sometimes some computer has already HDMI port.

We suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance if your computer has HDMI port.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to post back here.

Gil deG, Mar 14, 2020
  4. BroncoJim Win User

LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

HDMI port not working on Windows 10 and Windows 7

Hello,

I have 2 different laptops. 1 is an ASUS N56VJ with Windows 10. All the drivers are updated and working.

The HDMI port is not. I have tried everything. Different TVs, connected to an actual projector, different HDMI cables, and tried changing the screen resolution. I even tried different HDMI ports on the TVs.

The 2nd laptop is custom built and came from a company called ASI Mobile in California.

I just upgraded it to Windows 7 from Windows XP.

The HDMI port and the VGA port worked when it had Windows XP and now after upgraded to Windows 7, the HDMI port and the VGA port do not work.

I am frustrated. I tried reverted to old drivers, and I tried running the troubleshooter.

Nothing works...

This is very frustrating...

Can someone please help!

BroncoJim, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10

1. LOSS OF MY HDMI AND VGA PORTS AFTER UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - LOSS HDMI VGA

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. VGA to hdmi adapter

VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  5. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  6. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  7. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  8. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  9. HDMI to VGA not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA not working on windows 10: I was gifted a monitor that only has vga but my laptop has hdmi. I'm using an adapter and while the second monitor is recognized by windows, it is not active. I've tried using the monitor and the adapter in my friends' computer and it works, so the adapter is not the problem....
  10. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...