Windows 10: Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.

Discus and support Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I recently upgraded my dual boot PC to Win 10 Creators edition (both 32 bit & 64 bit installations) - these share access to a data partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swayzak, Jul 2, 2017.

1. swayzak Win User

Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.

Hello

I recently upgraded my dual boot PC to Win 10 Creators edition (both 32 bit & 64 bit installations) - these share access to a data partition.

Some files I downloaded in the past few days will not let me open them & give the attached error message.

This is very strange & has not happened before - can someone advise why this is happening, how to fix & how to avoid in the future ?

Thanks

:)

swayzak, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How to uninstall Windows 10 but keep my personal files?

You do not uninstall OSs. You install replacement OSs.

If you can explain what you are trying to achieve then perhaps useful advice can be given.

Notes:

• Any advice about installing a replacement OS will almost certainly include backing up your personal files to an external hard drive.
    • You must have altered access permissions significantly to be able to save any files to the root of the system drive. These permissions would almost certainly be overwritten by whatever replacement OS you install & the files will probably also be overwritten.

Tryx3, Jul 2, 2017
  3. External Hard Drive Permission to access files. Windows 10

It's good to know that your concern regarding accessing your files on the external hard drive has been resolved. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to help you.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Jul 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please. - Similar Threads - Loss permission access

2. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of access permission to external drives on network: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on both laptops I have two laptops at home. One of them has two external portable drives connected and I've had sharing setup for both the drives for several months along with two folders on the laptop. I've been able to access them all from the other...
  3. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of access permission to external drives on network: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on both laptops I have two laptops at home. One of them has two external portable drives connected and I've had sharing setup for both the drives for several months along with two folders on the laptop. I've been able to access them all from the other...
  4. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  6. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  7. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

8. loss of files and drives

loss of files and drives: while upgrading from windows 11 from windows 10 officially is there any loss of program files like office and other drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files-and-drives/eb18e6e0-43b8-4e4b-b1ff-b57f87c3321e
  9. File and Data Loss

File and Data Loss: Hello, recently I tried to move disk storage space from one disk to another using several programs, but nothing worked so I gave up. But for some reason I realized that my disc space was freeing up without me doin anything. I have Norton antivirus, but it said there are no...
  10. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...