Windows 10: Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.

Discus and support Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I recently upgraded my dual boot PC to Win 10 Creators edition (both 32 bit & 64 bit installations) - these share access to a data partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swayzak, Jul 2, 2017.

1. swayzak Win User

Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please.

Hello

I recently upgraded my dual boot PC to Win 10 Creators edition (both 32 bit & 64 bit installations) - these share access to a data partition.

Some files I downloaded in the past few days will not let me open them & give the attached error message.

This is very strange & has not happened before - can someone advise why this is happening, how to fix & how to avoid in the future ?

Thanks

:)

swayzak, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How to uninstall Windows 10 but keep my personal files?

You do not uninstall OSs. You install replacement OSs.

If you can explain what you are trying to achieve then perhaps useful advice can be given.

Notes:

• Any advice about installing a replacement OS will almost certainly include backing up your personal files to an external hard drive.
    • You must have altered access permissions significantly to be able to save any files to the root of the system drive. These permissions would almost certainly be overwritten by whatever replacement OS you install & the files will probably also be overwritten.

Tryx3, Jul 2, 2017
  3. External Hard Drive Permission to access files. Windows 10

It's good to know that your concern regarding accessing your files on the external hard drive has been resolved. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us. We will do our best to help you.

Regards.

PreciousLeb, Jul 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Loss of permission to access to files on data drive - advice please. - Similar Threads - Loss permission access

2. loss my old data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    loss my old data: iam chang my os but loss my old data how to get my old drives data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-my-old-data/455f1956-14d7-4b4a-a8a9-52085e802b32
  3. unexpected data loss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected data loss: Hello, I have huge issue. I lost a large amount of data files and most of my apps like the calculator, calendar, camera, even Microsoft store do not respond, they just flash when i click on them. I do not know how this happened, and I do not know how to fix it. This...
  4. DATA LOSS

DATA LOSS: Recently upgraded to windows 10 (1903) resulting in data loss. Very disappointed. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/3e3ffb85-4b7f-4b4f-99aa-0a524f59d751
  5. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  6. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading: Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated. If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get...
  7. Loss of optical drive on first access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of optical drive on first access: Loss of optical drive Hi, looking for information on the above problem, system specs below with additional info: Win 10 Home 1803 Install 06-10-18 Build 17134.345 On DELL desktop Inspiron 3470 i5-8400 @2.8GHz 8GB ram 64 Bit OS on X64 based processor Last update: October...
  8. 1809 update Data Loss

1809 update Data Loss: Perhaps my observations on the SB2 15", win 10, 1809 (!!!) can help with solving the "data loss problems with the update. 1 I have had no data loss or other hiccups with the update. 2 I had redirected the folders "pictures", "music", "videos" (but not "documents") from my...
  9. Advice on data recovery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Advice on data recovery: I have a 2T HD that has lots of non-critical data, but still data I'd like to retrieve. What happened is I was trying to create a dual boot system using 100 gigs for booting and the rest for storage. I successfully created these 2 partitions for the HD and then used...
  10. Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied: Hi, I have a cloned hard drive of my home PC in a caddy which I'm trying to access (USB) from my work PC. But it's telling me I don't have permission to access files or folders. Edit- sorted individual folders but not contained files so it would be useful to know how to...